Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did you take your personal records to Oz?

Did you take your personal records to Oz?

Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Did you take your personal records to Oz?

For kids, I'd get copies of everything you can, as it is very important when handling immunisations. Quite a few things link to it too - some payments can be withheld if the child does not have the completed immunisations certificate which our eldest did not have given the small differences between the UK and Aus. The good thing is the poeple here are used to it so will tell you what is needed.

As for dental records, we wrote to our dentist and they sent the complete file over to us directly for free. NHS dentist too... Saved us having to pay for duplicate x-rays at the new surgery so it was worth it.

driving licence points are only relevant in the UK - change your licence here and although you keep your UK licence, you just 'drive' on your Aus one and let the UK points disappear in time.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:56 pm
life's good

allison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Did you take your personal records to Oz?

Originally Posted by CDM
I called the appropriate government department about this today and was told that they may charge 'up to £50' and that this would be at their discresion depending on how much effort (photocopying, etc.) is involved. They also have up to 40 dys to satisfy the request for information.

I called my local hospital and was told that it 'would be very expensive' and that I would have to wait around 40 days - as there was nobody photocopying at the moment and there is a huge backlog of other people ahead of us in the queue.

- CDM
I wouldn't get to concerned about getting them as being a gp out here. Generally we do not ask for them as patients can go to any gp at anytime. It's a good idea to know your general history such as allergies, medications you are taking or any major illnesses or operations that you have had.

Often the information is not required for insurance as they go more on age and community statistics rather than personal history!