Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did you move to Oz without visiting?

Did you move to Oz without visiting?

Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

GuyJac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did you move to Oz without visiting?

Curious to know if anyone moved or is moving without first visiting. I'm not sure if a 2 week visit in one area of Oz will make that much difference and warrant the expense when you have already decided that your going. I understand that it all depends on peoples circumstances.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Did you move to Oz without visiting?

Originally Posted by GuyJac
Curious to know if anyone moved or is moving without first visiting. I'm not sure if a 2 week visit in one area of Oz will make that much difference and warrant the expense when you have already decided that your going. I understand that it all depends on peoples circumstances.
I backpacked around for 3 months, but my OH and kids have never been, they are just taking it from my experiances. I travelled all over I didnt get to Perth or Tazmania but I went everywhere else in Australia including Ayres rock, not bad for 3 months and 3 weeks of that was getting drunk in Sydney with friends first!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:55 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

We've never been and are taking the plunge. My sister moved there 10 years ago and loves the place - that'll do me. I know it won't be perfect but it's gotta be better than here!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:08 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

We have never been. It may sound daft but but we figured that even if we did go out for a holiday it would never be the same as living out there anyway! So we are taking the plunge - have done quite a bit of research on the net mind you!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Ten years ago I lived in Sydney for about 6 months and cairns for 5 months but never got to Melbourne which is where we are planning on settling. Everyone I met on my travels rated Melbourne as the best place to live which is why we are heading there. like you I cant and wont justifying spending thousands on a reccie as Australia is such a big place and if we don't like Melbourne we will just move onto Sydeny etc etc.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:15 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mairead
Ten years ago I lived in Sydney for about 6 months and cairns for 5 months but never got to Melbourne which is where we are planning on settling. Everyone I met on my travels rated Melbourne as the best place to live which is why we are heading there. like you I cant and wont justifying spending thousands on a reccie as Australia is such a big place and if we don't like Melbourne we will just move onto Sydeny etc etc.
Cool Mairead, we have chosen Melbourne too
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone,

Me and the hubby have never been either !!! Got to agree though, going on hols for 2 weeks is going to be totally different to living there.

Do lots of research, if you've made your mind up already, what difference will it make ??

Donna.
xx
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Thats if we ever get our ACS results - ittakesages!!!!!! Forgive the pun

Maybe meet for a Carlton cold when we get down there?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:30 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

Thats if we ever get our ACS results - ittakesages!!!!!! Forgive the pun

Maybe meet for a Carlton cold when we get down there?
You are on
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Hi Mairead

Don't forget me for a beer too!!!

I haven't been either but the wife was in sydney 5 years ago. We are on the way to melbourne. You are right about wasting thousands on a trip if you are gonna go anyway and it will feel like a holiday anyway.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Eamonn ... Id never forget you. Mind you at this stage you'll be there before me so you can have one on ice waiting for me!!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

We was going to just go but the bloody house didn,t sell and we had to validate our visas so hey ho we went and had a ball. it just made our desision easier and confirmed all our dreams were not just throught rose tinted glasses.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Wizz1 will become famous soon enoughWizz1 will become famous soon enough

I think its amazing that people can move there without having any basis of understanding on the country but you people that do this have GUTS, and i agree with you its got to be better than here, and i can tell you that it DAM WELL IS!!!! ideally you need to knock about there for a while not just a Holiday but i understand thats hard to do for you parents but at the end of the day Australia is the top 3 countrys to bring up your kids as England is Like right near the bottom on best places in the world for quality of life so i say take the plunge whats the worst that can happen!

Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Eamonn ... Id never forget you. Mind you at this stage you'll be there before me so you can have one on ice waiting for me!!!
will do!!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Never been and going blind think you have to keep tasting somethings before you know wether you really like it so going for a holiday isnt enough so going with our tatse buds open

Last edited by mad city fan; Jan 5th 2008 at 6:50 pm. Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.