Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did you have a reccie before the move??

Did you have a reccie before the move??

Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:27 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did you have a reccie before the move??

I thought it would be intresting to a see how many of us did/didn't have a reccie before moving here, and how we are getting on now-

I didnt do a reccie, been here 21mths not loving the life yet miss home alot but going to give it another 1/2 years.

kezx
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:16 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Did you have a reccie before the move??

Originally Posted by kez81
I thought it would be intresting to a see how many of us did/didn't have a reccie before moving here, and how we are getting on now-

I didnt do a reccie, been here 21mths not loving the life yet miss home alot but going to give it another 1/2 years.

kezx
Didnt come on a reccie
Been here almost 3 years
NEVER got homesick for Scotland, but missed friends and family initially but nowt drastic lol
We are Aussie Citizens now
Have got NO notion of even going back for a visit for at least another 3-5 years
Life aint all roses by any means..............but Loving it
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all

We didnt do a reccie in someways I think its better in the past I have loved every place abroad that we have been on holiday and thought Oh I could live there just go and start living I think its the best way, nothing is gonna change the fact that you miss your family and friends you just get on with it.

we saw a reccie as a bit of a time waste.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:57 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

We did a reccie for 2 weeks in Perth. I still had my doubts before we left the UK, but i was persuaded by everyone to try it.
Wish we had stayed in UK.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt do a reccie, I'd never been to Aus before, been here 18 months and still love it, never been homesick or wanted to go back, miss friends and family on birthdays/Christmas but find webcam is a godsend!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:14 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

3 week trip to Perth in February 2005.

Moved permanently March 2006 & loving it despite the city's obvious faults.

I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have something to whinge about.

Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:16 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Nope,no reccie.

Been here in Perth for over 12 months now, and still loving it.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Alfano's is an unknown quantity at this point

We didnt.

Decided that the money could be better spent elsewhere as we were coming anyway, and if we didnt settle in Perth after a year or so, then we would try east before going back.

Been here 6 weeks or so. So far so good
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:33 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

The point i was trying to make with this thread is there nothing like living the life you just know how your going to feel till you actually live here permantly are you??

Just by the different responses there has been you can see we are all different reccie are no reccie.

kezx
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:21 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Nope!

Arrived for the first time last April and I must admit it was a SHOCK! It was nothing like I had imagined it to be (and not in a good way I'm sorry to say).

That said though the shock has now worn off and we're loving it!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Nope!

Arrived for the first time last April and I must admit it was a SHOCK! It was nothing like I had imagined it to be (and not in a good way I'm sorry to say).

That said though the shock has now worn off and we're loving it!
Exactly the same as us. It aint summer bay. The graffitti and general scruffiness of the place was a shock, along with the traffic. Been here 10 months and got no intention of going back, wife would go back tomorrow, but shes a silly heart woman,to many emotions....
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:16 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Exactly the same as us. It aint summer bay. The graffitti and general scruffiness of the place was a shock, along with the traffic. Been here 10 months and got no intention of going back, wife would go back tomorrow, but shes a silly heart woman,to many emotions....
Spot on! Traffic.......very built up..........graffitti........hoons...........that said.........still love it
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Did have a reccie - Hubby had a year long one (WHV a good while ago!!! ) and then we all (me, hub and two tiny kids) had a 3 week reccie - I wouldn't have emigrated without visiting first - that was me though.

Cost us 10,000 quid for 3 wks, went to syd, mel and cns.

Well worth it, IMO.

Regarding the hoons, graffiti etc, it really depends where you live - can't say we have had a problem with any of that and we've been here 3 yrs now.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 1:23 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i am glad i did a rekkie,where i was did not live up to my expectations,i was expecting half an acre for my money with a nice big house and a pool...were all different in what we want from australia and what i saw was not for me..

i was lucky enough to meet a lady on the beach that told me of a town we fell in love with,we are now going to live there later on this year..it has not been with out sacrifice though i am going to have to buy an old house and do it up...lucky for my family i can do most of the work myself..

but if i had not done my rekkie,i would of been upset with my new home town and i believe it would of been a bit of a major downer,getting off a plane and not being to impressed,first impressions and all that....
Old Apr 21st 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Regarding the hoons, graffiti etc, it really depends where you live - can't say we have had a problem with any of that and we've been here 3 yrs now.[/QUOTE]

Is a hoon the same as a yob in uk?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.