Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did you have accommodation arranged prior to arriving in Oz?

View Poll Results: What type of accommodation did you have on arrival to Oz
Hotel/appartment/B&B/Hostel etc
16.13%
Short term rental/holiday type accommodation
46.24%
Longer term rental (6 months & over)
7.53%
Stayed friends/family
30.11%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Did you have accommodation arranged prior to arriving in Oz?

Old Aug 20th 2006, 11:16 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you have accommodation arranged prior to arriving in Oz?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
You off to Perth?

Sorry couldn't remember
nar gold coast me dear
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:57 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
nar gold coast me dear
OK

Why are you in the o'hippy fanclub?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 6:59 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppett44
We've booked 2 weeks in a Big4 site in Coburg, Melbourne,,thought it would be a good base whilst we look for a rental!
I don't think I would be brave enough to book a rental from the UK, I'd want to have a good look round first

Do you have a link for this, we intend to try to book 4 weeks hol accom before leaving
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Do you have a link for this, we intend to try to book 4 weeks hol accom before leaving

there you go
http://www.big4.com.au/public/index....&locationid=88
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:05 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Ta much, would give k, but ran out today

Just had a look poppett and it looks ideal for us

Last edited by Margaret2; Aug 24th 2006 at 7:16 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:23 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look poppett and it looks ideal for us
You not off to Perth anymore then Margaret? Sorry but haven't been around very much lately..
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:27 pm

I gave her some for you, as I haven't given any for yonks
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:29 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

My head is in a spin with this one!

We can't decide whether to book into a Apartment hotel in Brisbane for the first couple of weeks to get things sorted in the city whilst looking around the suburbs for an unfurnished rental for 6 months or so. We would have to hire furniture (I am assuming you can!) for a couple of months until our container arrives.

Or try to find furnished accommodation for three months somewhere, but if we don't like it?

We are leaving 23rd October and all the shippers that have quoted said they can't guarantee getting our stuff by Christmas. Any other suggestions anyone?

Last edited by Crazy Diamond; Aug 24th 2006 at 7:31 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:31 pm

You not off to Perth anymore then Margaret? Sorry but haven't been around very much lately..

Naaaaaaaaah, changed me mind ages ago, have even got a job in Melbourne now

thanks for the proxy k
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the proxy k

When are you off Margaret?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:35 pm

thanks for the proxy k
cool
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:45 pm

When are you off Margaret?

Dec at the latest, may be nov at this rate, everything seems to be racing ahead of me :scared:
My biggest obsticle here was accom here (as no rellies to put me up) once i sell the house (which will sell ok, different to England just now, its also a small house in a nice area, ideal for a first time buyer).
But an old friend has came out the blue and offered me fully furnished accom that she has rent free , so house up for sale asap
Old Aug 24th 2006, 8:07 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

OK

Why are you in the o'hippy fanclub?
just a bit of fun we were having the other night
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391155
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:46 am

back onto the original topic

I am still having no luck with a short term rental. Am waiting for a few replies to queries, but am not very positive about getting anything.

Because our house sale has took so long, (and we only have 2 months before our visa runs out) it is too short notice for booking a place.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, anybody?
Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:22 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

We used getsettledinperth.co.uk, lovely couple and very helpful I would highly recommend them.

Julia

back onto the original topic

I am still having no luck with a short term rental. Am waiting for a few replies to queries, but am not very positive about getting anything.

Because our house sale has took so long, (and we only have 2 months before our visa runs out) it is too short notice for booking a place.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, anybody?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.