Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did you all sell your houses when you left???

Did you all sell your houses when you left???

Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:01 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Did you all sell your houses when you left???

Originally Posted by tinkerbell
ah, been there, done that (dream that is), but until youve lived here, i don't think you'll ever understand the huge emotions you go through.

luckily, we are all settled and happy at the moment. but who knows what we may feel like in 12 months!!!

(and i still look on realestate at all the huge houses, knowing i will never buy one!!)
Well as long as you happy thats all that counts even if you do end up back in the uk!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:06 pm
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0
Well as long as you happy thats all that counts even if you do end up back in the uk!
thanks Stu, i'm a great believer in what will be, will be.

luckily i didn't leave the uk, hating it, in fact its a great country, i left knowing i could have a great adventure, and i'm going to make the most of it.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:14 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tinkerbell
thanks Stu, i'm a great believer in what will be, will be.

luckily i didn't leave the uk, hating it, in fact its a great country, i left knowing i could have a great adventure, and i'm going to make the most of it.
I dont hate the uk, couldnt ask to live anywhere better than where we are(lake district) and my boss has said i can walk back into my job within 12 months so couldnt ask for more. Katy has got the sponsership and we'r both at the perfect age to give it a go! I just hope we both love it and it all works out!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 10:28 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Sold everything. Literally. For us moving back to the UK was never an option. Even if it had not worked out for us here I would rather live in Europe somewhere or Asia. Made it somehow easier since it meant that all ties were cut aside from family.

Many will tell you that they kept thier house etc "just in case", but to my mind - and its purely a personal thing - that would have been an excuse to have that in the back of my mind that I could go back to everything I had known for years when times got rough rather than making a go of it.

Vash kindly posted a link sometime ago somewhere about the statistics of people who sold everything being more likely to settle and make a go. Think there was some substance in it. Clearly its not for everyone though for financial, or just plain security reasons.