Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

did i leave everything too late??!!!

did i leave everything too late??!!!

Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

ammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to all
Default did i leave everything too late??!!!

Hi Guys. Myself and my husband and 4 young boys(oldest 7 years ,youngest 1) are moving to oz in 8 days. You wont believe how little we have organised! We in listed the help of a relocator to help pick a suburb with great schools... in Melbourne ...we chose Bayside..hopefully Beaumaris. I am organising the removers at the moment but I cant concentrate...my kids are here running around like mad things!! I much prefer to read this forum than do any real decision making!!! We have short term accommodation for 3 weeks and after that we are on our own!!!I am scared s***less!! I hate all the boring organising much prefer to think about trivial things like what cars we should get!!!I was gust reading the thread about 4wds. We need a 7 seat car/4wd. Here we have a Toyota Avensis Verso which we find great but we would love to get a 4wd in oz. I am looking at the Pathfinder does anyone have any suggestions advice??
Thanks
Ammer
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:54 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: did i leave everything too late??!!!

Originally Posted by ammer
Hi Guys. Myself and my husband and 4 young boys(oldest 7 years ,youngest 1) are moving to oz in 8 days. You wont believe how little we have organised! We in listed the help of a relocator to help pick a suburb with great schools... in Melbourne ...we chose Bayside..hopefully Beaumaris. I am organising the removers at the moment but I cant concentrate...my kids are here running around like mad things!! I much prefer to read this forum than do any real decision making!!! We have short term accommodation for 3 weeks and after that we are on our own!!!I am scared s***less!! I hate all the boring organising much prefer to think about trivial things like what cars we should get!!!I was gust reading the thread about 4wds. We need a 7 seat car/4wd. Here we have a Toyota Avensis Verso which we find great but we would love to get a 4wd in oz. I am looking at the Pathfinder does anyone have any suggestions advice??
Thanks
Ammer
lol - -i'm sitting here reading this with my house in dissaray and the packers coming on thursday :scared:

COME ON NOW - - - both of us need to get off our arses and get stuck in.

If your anything like me you are putting it off coz you don't know where to start. Just plod on - -one room at a time.

Good luck and forget about the bl**dy cars for now(my hubby has discovered the Oz auto-trader :scared: )

xRachx
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

ammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to allammer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
lol - -i'm sitting here reading this with my house in dissaray and the packers coming on thursday :scared:

COME ON NOW - - - both of us need to get off our arses and get stuck in.

If your anything like me you are putting it off coz you don't know where to start. Just plod on - -one room at a time.

Good luck and forget about the bl**dy cars for now(my hubby has discovered the Oz auto-trader :scared: )

xRachx
you are right i do need to get off my ass and start packing!! Maby if I pack the kids I will get more done!!
Where are you going in Oz?
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:59 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Thanks
Ammer
Don't worry it will all come together the day you leave

Sorry, don't know anything about 7 seaters...I drive an x-trail, but not big enough for your brood!

Good luck
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Welshie
Don't worry it will all come together the day you leave

Sorry, don't know anything about 7 seaters...I drive an x-trail, but not big enough for your brood!

Good luck
x-trail is nice maby as a car for the hubby!!
i think i will just leave all the work for my husband for when he comes home from " a hard day at the office"!!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:02 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Ammer
PM us there is a few of us nearby to offer some "local" support

Kiwi
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thebears
PM us there is a few of us nearby to offer some "local" support

Kiwi
That would be great ...if i was computer literate!!!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:05 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Thanks
Ammer

and don't forget ya woolies!! Its fricking cold here in Figtree..I've even got the ole faithful ugg boots out as I'm sooooo cold today! - be even worse in Melbourne!!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

and don't forget ya woolies!! Its fricking cold here in Figtree..I've even got the ole faithful ugg boots out as I'm sooooo cold today! - be even worse in Melbourne!!
Forgot about the whole different seasons thing!!!DRAT!!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:07 am
Love Tiffany's

That would be great ...if i was computer literate!!!
Click on the persons name and then click on send private message and voila.....

Top right of screen you can click on private messages and read them
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Click on the persons name and then click on send private message and voila.....

Top right of screen you can click on private messages and read them
Thanks!!
I am sure if I wasnt such a lazy sod I could have found that out for myself!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:11 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Don't get so worried. It may be "chilly" but the sun is bright and it feels like a summers day (without the heat - hope you know what i mean).

Kiwi
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thebears
Don't get so worried. It may be "chilly" but the sun is bright and it feels like a summers day (without the heat - hope you know what i mean).

Kiwi
Sounds like heaven!! Cant wait to be there!!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Sounds like heaven!! Cant wait to be there!!

OK i am going to stop putting things off and get stuck in. NO I think I will make one more trip to M&S ..you can never have enough nickers!!
Thanks for all your reassuring words. See you on the other side!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:27 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

OK i am going to stop putting things off and get stuck in. NO I think I will make one more trip to M&S ..you can never have enough nickers!!
Thanks for all your reassuring words. See you on the other side!
Hi....I'm in Melbourne with my hubby.

We live in Elsternwick, so just down the road from Bayside.

If you want support, or just a coffee/drink, then PM me
I'm usually off on Mondays as well as weekends

Now get off your arse and pack.....the plane has started it's engines!!!
Cas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.