Wikiposts

did the carboot

Old Sep 28th 2003, 6:52 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by tinaj
My stuff is all accumulating in the spare rioom ready for the final boot sale. Did one a few months back and sold quite a lot of stuff.
It seems such a waste of a day though, especially when it is cold.

It does get cold in October when you only wear green wellies (or even thongs)
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:21 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Well, we are off to Oz in less than 3 weeks :scared: and the packing and sorting is beginning to take it's toll!

We have been really successful with selling stuff so far tho. luckily I am not working at the moment so have been putting all all my efforts into getting our stuff shifted (after lots of consideration everything is going and we are only taking small sentimentak things). First thing I did was make a huge spreadsheet of all the stuff that was up for sale complete with prices etc, I was intending to put it all in the paper but emailed it to friends for 1st refusal on the off chance. We have sold almost everything to people we know and have made about 3k!!!

We then had a bootsale of stuff we just wanted to get rid of and was going to the charity shop anyway, sold EVERYTHING except a couple of books and made £200. I was dreading it and very tempted just to dump the lot on Oxfam's doorstep but luckily the weather was good and we were only there a few hours. I agree with everyone else who has posted about this tho - people are so tight! Unbelievable, and quite hard when they are things you have loved and you know they are good quality etc. In the end we just had to think, "Ok, I am going to dump it anyway so 50p is 50p (even if you are a tight-@rsed........."!!

Also had loads of success on Ebay, sold stuff at knockdown prices but what else are we going to do with it and have made about £500 offloading junk.

We have been v lucky but my advice would be to try and sell everything you own even if it is a bit of a pain - it's worth it when you see your profit coming in! Best result and near catastrophy was tring to sell 'Microsoft Manager 98 CD and Manual' at car boot for £2.00. Nobody even looked at it and I didn't know much about it, came home and looked at Ebay - put it on and within an hour it had sold for £50 - phew, good job nobody offered me £1.50!!!!!
Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

dobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

i did the car boot yesterday with two of my boys made about £90
weather was beautiful got rid of videos jigsaws kids toys and games. Have given hubys clothes to charity shop next job today is tackle the attic its bursting about 10 bags of christmas stuff
the bin men will have a shock tomorrow have to be out of house in under 4 weeks not sure if we will be ready. Hoping to fly out nov 24th

juliet
Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:07 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dobbo
i did the car boot yesterday with two of my boys made about £90
weather was beautiful got rid of videos jigsaws kids toys and games. Have given hubys clothes to charity shop next job today is tackle the attic its bursting about 10 bags of christmas stuff
the bin men will have a shock tomorrow have to be out of house in under 4 weeks not sure if we will be ready. Hoping to fly out nov 24th

juliet
Hi Juliet,
It's all a bit of nightmare, can't believe the rubbish we accumulate and we had a clear out before moving here a year ago!

We go on October 18th via Singapore. Are you scared yet??!!:scared:
Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

getting more nervous by the day but also very excited just cant wait for the big day havent booked flights yet as we havent exchanged contracts on the house just hope we are not leaving it too late

juliet
Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:23 pm
Homeward Bound

getting more nervous by the day but also very excited just cant wait for the big day havent booked flights yet as we havent exchanged contracts on the house just hope we are not leaving it too late

juliet
Well good luck with everything! Personally alternate between being giddy with excitement and completely terrified! My brother went out yesterday (should be in Kuala Lumpar by now!) but worst bit will be leaving my mam Poor woman is losing both of us to Oz! Still, we have already booked her and dad flights out for xmas so hopefully this will keep her going!

whereabouts are you off to anyway?
Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

hiya we are off to Brisbane have aunt uncle and cousins living on sunshine coast my mum is taking it badly and isnt talking about it at the moment they are coming out next xmas plus brother and kids and sister in law just hope we are organised by then
where in wales are you we are close to Talbot Green

juliet
Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:46 pm
Homeward Bound

Oh, I didn't realise you were a fellow Taff! We are in Penarth at the moment but will shortly be off to Melbourne which should be a bit different.

Have you been out there for xmas before? We were last year and it was pretty weird and pretty hard going with no family (just me hubby and brother) we got married on xmas day in Sydney harbour which was pretty good tho! At least you will have some family there for the festive season - looking forward to xmas dinner on the barbie!
Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

we havent had a xmas in oz before but had about 8 in Saudi Arabia now that was weird but we always had a good time with our friends . Cant wait for a sunny christmas have already packed the kids stockings they are hoping for surf boards have told them it will be a low key christmas this year spent a fortune last year

juliet
Old Sep 29th 2003, 1:08 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

juliet

We are in the same boat we have the projected date/s but cannot actually book flights - although I have got some prices and itineries - until we know for certain on exchange of contract (which should be this week) If all goes well we may be flying out on 3/4th November