did the carboot

Old Sep 28th 2003, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default did the carboot

Yep did the carboot this morning....
got rid of quite a bit... loads left to get rid of. The loft seems to be bulging with things...

Hoping to be gone by Nov/Dec if everything goes smoothly...

booboo
Old Sep 28th 2003, 2:29 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: did the carboot

Originally posted by booboo
got rid of quite a bit... loads left to get rid of. The loft seems to be bulging with things...

booboo

keep doing the car boots till it gets too cold. Aren't lofts a nightmare, you just put stuff up there forget about it and then it all just piles up and up. Mine is bulging as well, I just keep putting off the day of reckoning.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 2:31 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

booboo
We (Well Hev) have done several carboots but theres still stuff left. Its amazing how much crap you accumalate.

Leah was very enterprising, yesterday she held a sale of her things at the end of the garden, in the park. She made her own notices and posted them round the local houses. Me being the sceptic didn't think shed make anything was proved wrong. She made £23 and was very pleased indeed.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 3:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've got rid of some things to guys at work - even daft stuff like London A-Z & ordinary road atlases. they are paying me with bottles of wine!!
Yum!!
Old Sep 28th 2003, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default been there done that!:D

Unfortunately 4 trips to the tip were not enough and now the spare bedroom is bulging BUT the loft is nice and clear!
Still undecided about the car boot sale- any offers for a singing Santa on a sled?
Old Sep 28th 2003, 6:58 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: been there done that!:D

You should really try Ebay. I have sold some absolute (what I thought) c**p. It really is amazing what some people buy!!! I always tell them exactly what they are getting, but still they pay me for it. Car boots are too cold. BBRRRRRR!!![
Old Sep 28th 2003, 7:15 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I foudn ebay a dead loss but did a car bott this am and people were tearing goods out of our hand as we were unpacking. Not a bad day considering the weather was bleak made me repack as we left the sale with the boxes ready to go to the charity shop and those we ???may??? take with us if room.

Some buers are unbelievable aren't they I was selling glass tumblers at 10p each and I had 18 the same The person asked if she could have 6 for 5op how mean can you get.?

However we still have a new boxed lawn sweeper and an original Bridget Riley embroidered picture plus 2 cudly teddy bears (feeling really sad as they can't get into oz) dishwasher jacobean welsh dresser and nest of tables Shall I bring them to the Sussex meet??????
Old Sep 28th 2003, 7:33 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Hi Anne and family,

Good to hear that things finally seem to be coming right for you all.

Will keep my fingers crossed that the house sale goes well for you.

Take care

Sally and family
Old Sep 28th 2003, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone tried selling things in the LOOT magazine. I know its free to advertise but theres so many people advertising the same thing its a gamble whether yours gets noticed or not?
Tazzy
Old Sep 28th 2003, 7:45 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
I foudn ebay a dead loss but did a car bott this am and people were tearing goods out of our hand as we were unpacking. Not a bad day considering the weather was bleak made me repack as we left the sale with the boxes ready to go to the charity shop and those we ???may??? take with us if room.

Some buers are unbelievable aren't they I was selling glass tumblers at 10p each and I had 18 the same The person asked if she could have 6 for 5op how mean can you get.?

However we still have a new boxed lawn sweeper and an original Bridget Riley embroidered picture plus 2 cudly teddy bears (feeling really sad as they can't get into oz) dishwasher jacobean welsh dresser and nest of tables Shall I bring them to the Sussex meet??????

The only downer with car boots is everyone wants you to say 'here's my stuff take it I don't want ANY money' no-one wants to pay ANYTHING!!! You sometimes just have to be really firm an tell 'em not to be so tight!!!
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

booboo

Hi Booboo

Glad you got rid of some of your stuff!!

Best of luck with the move and all

footie chick
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

My stuff is all accumulating in the spare rioom ready for the final boot sale. Did one a few months back and sold quite a lot of stuff.
It seems such a waste of a day though, especially when it is cold.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Booboo didn't come across any photo's of Renth for Tina did you.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 8:36 pm
WBB

there are some people who love doing car boots and they are always on the lookout for things to sell at a profit, we are hoping to hook up with someone like this and sell them everything we would of carbooted ourself for an agreeable price, saves you standing in the rain all day.

you wont make as much wonga but it is easy money.

car booting

Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:00 pm
Badge

I had a great day out on a cold January in Kingston, surrey, doing this. Made 400 quid selling all my Cds. videos (starting DVDs) , books, sports gear..

everyone else was selling the usual kiddies clothes and old jigsaws..I had so many people milling round my car, at one point couldn't take the money fast enough..

Had a ball..

at one point my old man came down and I had to hand him pockets of one and 2 pound coins..

badge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.