Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

did anyone validate their visa before moving?

did anyone validate their visa before moving?

Old Oct 1st 2004, 1:44 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default did anyone validate their visa before moving?

Hello

Due to not having enough points at the mo I cannot apply for my skilld Aus sponsered sub 138 till jan 05. Due to the applications being processed alot quicker now, i feel that we could get our visas alot earlier than we expected.

Because the reqirements change all of the time, we dont want to hold back our application, but due to work/course commitments we wont be able to move to Auz till after Sept 2006.

I had read on here about people taking a valadation trip to Auz to validate their visas and comming hom on a RRV to sell their house etc... anf they then have 5 years to move to Auz???

Has anyone done this? If so please can you advise me how it is done, is it easy or more forms to do?

It was just that i saw a post on the immigration forum saying that you had to be resident in Aus for 2 years to get RRV, surely this isnt the case, is it???

Any advice or experiences ffrom people who had to validate their visas as couldnt move before the entry date expired, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

laura
xx
Old Oct 1st 2004, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

sharkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: did anyone validate their visa before moving?

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hello

Due to not having enough points at the mo I cannot apply for my skilld Aus sponsered sub 138 till jan 05. Due to the applications being processed alot quicker now, i feel that we could get our visas alot earlier than we expected.

Because the reqirements change all of the time, we dont want to hold back our application, but due to work/course commitments we wont be able to move to Auz till after Sept 2006.

I had read on here about people taking a valadation trip to Auz to validate their visas and comming hom on a RRV to sell their house etc... anf they then have 5 years to move to Auz???

Has anyone done this? If so please can you advise me how it is done, is it easy or more forms to do?

It was just that i saw a post on the immigration forum saying that you had to be resident in Aus for 2 years to get RRV, surely this isnt the case, is it???

Any advice or experiences ffrom people who had to validate their visas as couldnt move before the entry date expired, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

laura
xx

With my visa (skilled) we went to Oz to validate it and left again after one week to come back to sort our lives out. If your visa is valid for 5 years you do not need to get a RR in that time but it is essential that you validate it before the date given or apply for an extension.
No you don't have to go there to live when you validate

Scott
Old Oct 1st 2004, 2:07 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkin
With my visa (skilled) we went to Oz to validate it and left again after one week to come back to sort our lives out. If your visa is valid for 5 years you do not need to get a RR in that time but it is essential that you validate it before the date given or apply for an extension.
No you don't have to go there to live when you validate

Scott

Hi Scott

thanks for your reply. So there is no paper work involved then, its just a matter of comming and going through customs at the airport?

That certainly makes my life easier, at least you are not on a deadline to sell the house etc......

How far on are you with the life sorting out?

laura
x
Old Oct 1st 2004, 2:14 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Laura,

the answers is quite right, all you do is when you enter OZ, dont tick the box on the immigration form saying that you are staying!

Just say that you are there to vahidate and that's it.

You then have 5 years to finally move!

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 1st 2004, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya Laura,

the answers is quite right, all you do is when you enter OZ, dont tick the box on the immigration form saying that you are staying!

Bye
Mark
thanks mark
Old Oct 1st 2004, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

SEAL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya Laura,

Bye
Mark
yep

we went over in Feb this year for a validation/factfinding trip. Heading over permanently in Jan next year. I beleive that we have to live in Aus for a 2 year period from when our visas were granted (July 2003) so we now have to live there for 2 years before July 2008 which won't be a problem to get full rights etc..

S.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

sharkin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi Scott

thanks for your reply. So there is no paper work involved then, its just a matter of comming and going through customs at the airport?

That certainly makes my life easier, at least you are not on a deadline to sell the house etc......

How far on are you with the life sorting out?

laura
x
Had my visa for a couple of years but work asked if I wanted to go and work in France for a couple of years. So we did. Are leaving in April next year for Melbourne.

Good luck
Old Oct 1st 2004, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by sharkin
Had my visa for a couple of years but work asked if I wanted to go and work in France for a couple of years. So we did. Are leaving in April next year for Melbourne.

Good luck

Nice one scott!

Good luck with Melbourne.

We are frontloading our application, so we are gonna do police checks and meds in Feb, so if we get the visa we will need to validate by feb 06, then we will come back till i graduate in Sept 2006.

After graduation I can put my house up for sale and get the ball rolling while i get a bit of work exp here in UK. We hope to be in Perth for xmas 06 or Jan 07 at the latest.......sounds like years ahead when you say 2007 doesnt it?

Good luck and thanks you and to all who replied

laura
x
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

tootiepoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Laura

We are just about to submit our visa application, hope to have it in Australia by end of month. How exactly are you planning to frontload, should we get our medds and checks now before we send?

Was planning to give it 3-4 months then send them.

Hope this doesn't seem nosey, but we hope to go to Perth roughly same time as yourself, visa permitting

Kate
Old Oct 4th 2004, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by tootiepoe
Hi Laura

We are just about to submit our visa application, hope to have it in Australia by end of month. How exactly are you planning to frontload, should we get our medds and checks now before we send?

Was planning to give it 3-4 months then send them.

Hope this doesn't seem nosey, but we hope to go to Perth roughly same time as yourself, visa permitting

Kate

hi Kate

I am not as far as you yet as i am just getting my partners skills assessed and its taking longer than i thought to get all of the stuff copied and certified etc....

But I was planning to send off my application jan, but have my meds pre booked for the middle of feb, just so that i can receive a case number to put on the medicals before i have them. I was gonna write a covering letter to DIMIA to say that my meds were booked for such and such date and could they send me the case number asap....

Not sure if thie is correct way to do things, but from what i gather from reading some of the posts here its not advisable to send them off thill you get your case number as they can get lost.

hope this helps

good luck

laura
Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hi

We applied in March 2003 - got visas in June (skilled) and validated on 31/12/03. We are flying out to Perth on 3/1 to start our new life down under..
Don't expect a fanfare when you pass through customs with your visa in your passport - we just passed through like everyone else!!

Good luck & see you in Perth

pockygoes
Old Oct 4th 2004, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by pockygoes
Hi

We applied in March 2003 - got visas in June (skilled) and validated on 31/12/03. We are flying out to Perth on 3/1 to start our new life down under..
Don't expect a fanfare when you pass through customs with your visa in your passport - we just passed through like everyone else!!

Good luck & see you in Perth

pockygoes

brill, i'm so excited for you, where in Perth do you have in mind then?
Old Oct 4th 2004, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

tootiepoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: did anyone validate their visa before moving?

that was really some going, don't think I have seen or heard anyone move that fast with application.

If you have any hints & tips please feel free to share.

Hoping to go to Perth, but probably thought 2006, but if we go anywhere near your speed, may see ya there next year.

Beat of luck with everything from here on

Kate
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

yes it was pretty quick I have to say. Shocked the pants off us - we had planned on it taking 12 mths (as most applications were taking 12-18 mths at the time) so we were amazed when it came through so quickly - that is why we ended up validating first. We had been for rekkie trip in the January & sent the appn off a week before hubbies birthday (so we did not drop points) in March. Even our agent was shocked - it was coming to the end of the quota for DIMIA & our agent reckoned that they were a few short of hitting their target of visas granted so they picked out some applications that were straight forward ie no children from previous relationships or medical issues etc. So just be aware that it could happen to you!!! Nice eh?
We are hoping to settle around Secret Harbour/Baldivis etc - south of river.

we have booked flights & some accomodation for the first 3 weeks until we find a 6 mth rental but look for a house at the same time.

Good luck by the way - keep positive.

pockygoes