Reload this Page >

did anyone take a buggy?

Wikiposts

did anyone take a buggy?

Old Jul 14th 2004, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by walaj
on the buggy side of things, if you take it to the plane door would it be counted as part of the luggage weight allowance?
No we have never had our buggy weighed - even on cheapie charter flights. We have also been over various weight limits a few times and never been charged - it helps arriving early and they tend to let you off with a few kgs

Alastair
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by walaj
on the buggy side of things, if you take it to the plane door would it be counted as part of the luggage weight allowance?

After working for far too many years at Gatwick and being one of those people that take the buggy off you, it definitely does NOT count as part of your baggage allowance, its an accepted extra. They will either tag it at check-in and give you the receipt or do it at the gate (just make sure you get the receipt!) and then load it there. No problem!

Sam
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:16 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by The Thorpes
After working for far too many years at Gatwick and being one of those people that take the buggy off you, it definitely does NOT count as part of your baggage allowance, its an accepted extra. They will either tag it at check-in and give you the receipt or do it at the gate (just make sure you get the receipt!) and then load it there. No problem!

Sam
Were you a baggage handler ?
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by renth
Were you a baggage handler ?

I may look like one but no!! I worked for Passenger Services - ground staff with all those lovely passengers
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:19 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I may look like one but no!! I worked for Passenger Services - ground staff with all those lovely passengers
I worked as a baggage handler for Servisair for a while
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:23 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Alastair & Sam - good, weight for the flight does not need to be a consideration for buggy purchase.

Any other 'accepted extras' allowed in my mission to fill up the hold with just our stuff?
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by renth
I worked as a baggage handler for Servisair for a while
Poor you! I worked for Ogden Allied if you remember them and then Servisair too for far too long! Can't say I miss it at all. I liked a lot of the people I worked with, we did have a laugh, but as a Supervisor I took so much abuse because Servisair did handle some cr@p airlines, didn't they?! Not to mention night shifts and foggy mornings!!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:40 pm
(It's not my real name)

Poor you! I worked for Ogden Allied if you remember them and then Servisair too for far too long! Can't say I miss it at all. I liked a lot of the people I worked with, we did have a laugh, but as a Supervisor I took so much abuse because Servisair did handle some cr@p airlines, didn't they?! Not to mention night shifts and foggy mornings!!
Servisair = Circusair
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Location: Colchester Essex. Off to Perth in October 2004!! VISA granted 10/07/2004.
Modmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: did anyone take a buggy?

Originally posted by diddy
Here's the thing,

when we go to Oz I would like to have a few days in Singapore - I really want to break the flight up for the twins a bit and think that they will love the night safari - also that funny musical water fountain in the shopping centre - do you know the one i mean? Anyway - bit on a tangent - but at the moment they go everywhere in a double buggy - honestly I don't exaggerate when I say that walking them up the garden path to the car is a mission - believe me when they both go in separate directions at toddler pace you are left guessing who to chase first - anyway - can you take a double buggy on planes - if not any suggestions for getting round it - have tried the reigns things that was a bit like having to try to constantly untwist your arms where they managed to tangle themselves up - when they were not sat on the floor refusing to walk

ANYONE with any ideads
Hi Diddy

We always take our buggy - we only stop at Singapore for a couple of hours though, and they usually take the buggy off for you to use while waiting to transfer to next flight (that said this Feb when we went they sent it straight onto Perth - Great!).

Bulk head seats are brilliant - if you can get them, we have only managed it once, but they give you much more room and our little one (then aged 7 months) slept in the pull down bassonet cot most of the way, and it gave our other son (then aged 4 and a half) more room to get up and down and play. You have to request and book theses types of seats very early on as they are booked on a first come first served basis and there aren't many on each plane!

Take loads of small toys and colouring things to entertain the kids, we bought ours special hand luggage cases each and filled them with anything and everthing that might amuse for a period of time, sticker books are ifantastic!

In our experience there have always been other families going through the same or similar to us on each flight, so at least you have someone to share it with - and someone for the kids to talk to and play with!

Helen x
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

jana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

do Kids car seats weight count towards your luggage allowance?

Thanks
Jana
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:44 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jana1
do Kids car seats weight count towards your luggage allowance?

Thanks
Jana
have a look at my link about Uk ones not being legal http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=241832