Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did Anyone Else's Kids Go Psycho Pending Departure!

Did Anyone Else's Kids Go Psycho Pending Departure!

Old Jan 11th 2006, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did Anyone Else's Kids Go Psycho Pending Departure!

I'm not sure if my little ones can sense what's going on. My oldest (almost 4) knows what's happening but can't really understand the full implications. The youngest (2) doesn't really know.
They are 'generally' fairly well behaved at home anyway! But this morning whilst I was upstairs getting ready and checking mail, the following happened:

They put a whole unravelled toilet roll into the loo and blocked it!

Amelia decided to clean India's legs with a toothbrush and paste (we're talking nearly half a tube of red paste!!). She said they were dirty....

They decided to squash satsuma segments with a ride on car - cause they taste better (note - they didn't eat them afterwards).

Then Amelia (whilst hiding from me!) tipped over our 7ft Yukka plant..

One by one, fairly amusing - four in a row - not quite so!!

Anyone elses' kids go mad????

Rachel
Old Jan 11th 2006, 10:53 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did Anyone Else's Kids Go Psycho Pending Departure!

Originally Posted by The Crow
I'm not sure if my little ones can sense what's going on. My oldest (almost 4) knows what's happening but can't really understand the full implications. The youngest (2) doesn't really know.
They are 'generally' fairly well behaved at home anyway! But this morning whilst I was upstairs getting ready and checking mail, the following happened:

Amelia decided to clean India's legs with a toothbrush and paste (we're talking nearly half a tube of red paste!!). She said they were dirty....

They decided to squash satsuma segments with a ride on car - cause they taste better (note - they didn't eat them afterwards).

Rachel
They dont know whats happening except the tension they feel in the house where it's usually calm perhaps
Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel
My lot were unsettled but then we have moved a lot and they are getting as sick of it as I am. Our 7 year old hates change (poor sod the moves that we have made probably consititute abuse in his mind) and became thoroughly evil just before the move and during the upheaval and our 3 year old regressed a bit with returning to nappies at night and needing bottles to go to bed (she has never had a dummie so bottles take their place). They got over it though and within a few weeks of being here and back into a routine they were getting better. We have been here 3 months now and they are fine, our 3 year old is back to how she was before the move and more than ready to start Kinder in Feb. Our 7 year old is back to his usual self, slightly less evil than before (he is a little clone of Ian so we call him mini me). Changes in routine always throw my lot but they settle soon enough and no matter how young they are kids pick up on stress so it sounds pretty standard, if frustrating on top of everything else.
Good luck withit all there were times with our move that I doubted that we would make it here with all 4 kids still in one piece .
Nicky
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

kids no way much more than we ever give them credit for.....

it may be worth trying a couple of things..

sitting both kids down and explaining to them everything thats going on.

it also might be worthing taking so time out and doing something that you would normally do as as family - just having a day out, going to local park etc etc. an activity that is familiar to them can often ease their tension!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:40 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Rachel

You sure they haven't been sneaking on Ex Pats & chatting to Frasers kids???

Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:43 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel
What this behaviour isn't normal

Wait until they get on the plane
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
What this behaviour isn't normal

Wait until they get on the plane
Ha, ha - my friends with boys say exactly the same

I have legal sedative for the flight - and if doesn't work for them, I'm taking it
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, ha - my friends with boys say exactly the same

I have legal sedative for the flight - and if doesn't work for them, I'm taking it
If you are using Phenergen (don't have a clue about spelling) then try it before hand as it can have the opposit effect :scared: .
My lot are always fine on the plane. Good luck.
Nicky
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bordy
You sure they haven't been sneaking on Ex Pats & chatting to Frasers kids???

No doubt they'll meet up shortly - closely supervised me thinks :scared:
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NickyP
If you are using Phenergen (don't have a clue about spelling) then try it before hand as it can have the opposit effect :scared: .
My lot are always fine on the plane. Good luck.
Nicky
Oh no!! I am - but that is interesting as Calpol always made my youngest (the one who needs sedating!) hyper
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh no!! I am - but that is interesting as Calpol always made my youngest (the one who needs sedating!) hyper
It works Ok for 3 of mine but my 7 year old gets hyper so I would suggest that you try it some time before you go and at a time when you are feeling able to cope with a reverse reaction :scared: .
Nicky
Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NickyP
It works Ok for 3 of mine but my 7 year old gets hyper so I would suggest that you try it some time before you go and at a time when you are feeling able to cope with a reverse reaction :scared: .
Nicky
Thanks for the warning - I'll do that!
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Got 3 kids, 2 girls under 10 and my son 14.No problems with girls,very philosophical but my son thinks we are ruining his life! beat that...i think it will worsen when we get there too,.
I'm expecting him to 'hate' everything even if he quietly likes something.
I'm dreading this aspect of the move more than anything else,it could even put me off doing it because what's the point of moving to a 'better way of life' if that life creates a battlezone i didn't have so much in the uk.
We will move,cost too much not to,but i'm really worried about my 14yr old and our life with him in oz,
Lynn
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:15 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Got 3 kids, 2 girls under 10 and my son 14.No problems with girls,very philosophical but my son thinks we are ruining his life! beat that...i think it will worsen when we get there too,.
I'm dreading this aspect of the move more than anything else,it could even put me off doing it because what's the point of moving to a 'better way of life' if that life creates a battlezone i didn't have so much in the uk.
We will move,cost too much not to,but i'm really worried about my 14yr old and our life with him in oz,
Lynn
Lynn he's 14 life will be a battle zone with him where ever you are
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Lynn
We have 4 kids 16 year and 7 year old boys, 10 year old and 3 year old girls. Our 16 year old has been through every available way to stay as he has a girlfriend in Belgium and he came very reluctantly. However he has a better social life than he ever had in Belgium (too good most of the time) and although the girlfriend is still an ongoing issue he is generally happy here. He is a worrier by nature and the idea of a big change when he was settled was just too much for him but as soon as he saw that it wasn't as bad as he had feared he has slowly come around to it.
Good luck.
Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.