Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did any one take there horse from u.k to Perth?

Did any one take there horse from u.k to Perth?

Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:50 am
Just Joined

samNalex is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Did any one take there horse from u.k to Perth?

Hi, every one

Me and my family are moving to Wanneroo WA end of next year and are looking in to the price of bringing my cob with me, had him since he was a baby so really dont wanna part with him aahhhh. Please if any one has succeeded in this mission could you let me know how much it cost to have them transported. Also what the going rate for livery is, i know its called agistment thats about it. Many thanks and sorry for my spelling
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Did any one take there horse from u.k to Perth?

Hi

Well, that's a first from my point of view....don't think anyone has asked about taking their horse before! I am sorry though as I really don't know. Hope you get some answers though!
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:47 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Hi

Well, that's a first from my point of view....don't think anyone has asked about taking their horse before! I am sorry though as I really don't know. Hope you get some answers though!
Plenty of men however did bring across their old nags
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Plenty of men however did bring across their old nags
Coffee->screen
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/live-animals

Try googling for companies here that do this.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Hi

Its not actually, has been asked before but doesn't come up often......my friend Whisky brought her horse over a few years back, and there have been others.
Try this for starters:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247811
Old May 7th 2010, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

i know someone who bought 2 horses a dog and a cat, but she went to sydney - although she has sinced moved to perth with all in toe, lol!
Old May 7th 2010, 4:11 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

![/QUOTE]

Neigh..
Old May 8th 2010, 1:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't Janeyray bring hers over? I'll go look.

Edit: No she didn't. It was Whiskey I was thinking of, Janey left hers in the UK.

Last edited by moneypenny20; May 8th 2010 at 1:42 am.
Old May 8th 2010, 7:34 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

If you do bring your cob, use IRT. They are the best.
I brought my horse out in 2002 and used IRT. I'd worked in the bloodstock industry so I knew how good they are. They are fab.
However, I REALISED it was wrong to bring my horse here and sent him back in 2003. He is now settled with family.
Think hard about it.
It is not the same as UK
It is harder.It is different. Horses are not viewed as worthwhile like they are in the UK. Vets are lovely but lack experience. You are the vet.
Having said that, you'll meet the people you need to and if you are commited to Aus maybe your horse should come with you but think of the horse first as it is so different! Pet plan insure here now, farriers aren't as good (I've gone barefoot) It' is NOT their fault and Iam happy with mine. It is just different. Does your cob suffer in a UK summer with theheat? Well think hard when there is 40 degree summers adn they're only getting hotter. Just think it through. Not trying to put you off but it is a slightly different ballgame down here.
Old May 8th 2010, 7:47 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samNalex
Hi, every one

Me and my family are moving to Wanneroo WA end of next year and are looking in to the price of bringing my cob with me, had him since he was a baby so really dont wanna part with him aahhhh. Please if any one has succeeded in this mission could you let me know how much it cost to have them transported. Also what the going rate for livery is, i know its called agistment thats about it. Many thanks and sorry for my spelling
How long would it take to ride him over there?