Reload this Page >

A diary of an immigrant...

A diary of an immigrant...

Old Apr 8th 2003, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A diary of an immigrant...

Hi folks,

New to this forum and new to Brissie - thought I`d log on and let you know how things progress for us all. Hope you don`t mind!

So far, its all been FANTASTIC. Been here 8 weeks, bought HUGE house, pool, HUGE AMOUNT OF LAND, the people are soo friendly, even in the supermarkets, they say "hows your day going?" Isn`t that lovely?

The weather is GREAT - so far, loving it all!!!
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brissie

Hi,

Glad to see you're loving it, we got here last August, and despite the expected ups and downs, we love it here to.
Where abouts in Bris are you?

Chris and Katie.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:06 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A diary of an immigrant...

Originally posted by Rosy
Hi folks,

New to this forum and new to Brissie - thought I`d log on and let you know how things progress for us all. Hope you don`t mind!

So far, its all been FANTASTIC. Been here 8 weeks, bought HUGE house, pool, HUGE AMOUNT OF LAND, the people are soo friendly, even in the supermarkets, they say "hows your day going?" Isn`t that lovely?

We've heard it all before come back in a years time when your feet are back on planet earth .

Last edited by pommie bastard; Apr 8th 2003 at 6:37 am.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:12 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Hi folks,
"hows your day going?" Isn`t that lovely?

No - if one more cashier says to me , "how are you today" with a false smile - I'm going to ram a tin of food right up where the sun don't shine.

Sorry - I'm in a weird mood, and Hello to you . Nice to know you like it after eight weeks - just ignore me.

cheers
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Yeh ok PB, wish I knew the meaning of life like you, you're so good.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 7:09 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chris
Yeh ok PB, wish I knew the meaning of life like you, you're so good.

Nice for you to say , could be come onto this forum in holiday mode giving dreamers hope ?

Old Apr 8th 2003, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Hi Rosy

Great news, glad things are going well for you, long may it continue

Good luck

Sindy
Old Apr 8th 2003, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Cool reply to PB

The thing is PB, you may or maynot think you're better off here in Aus (Perth isnt it?).

Some of us decide this is it, a move for better or worse and for the rest of our lives. Some of us dont care what the jokers think of their new life in Aus but some will be really disheartened by some of the knockers, they'll believe whats said on here, and at the end of the day its a huge thing to up your roots and come over here.

Sure the truth is important, but who really believes from an objective point of view that its worse here than it is in the UK?

Those that do, leave, you've only got one go at life, the rest can believe what they want about it here, if its their idea of paradise......so what?

Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rosy

We are hoping to end up in Brisbane. Your words brought a smile to my face. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts.

footie chick
Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:36 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

As PB HATES the country HATES his neighbours HATES the pub conversation HATES his job (if he every does any work) HATES the heat COMPLAINTS incessantly about everything WHY WHY WHY has he not gone back to the part of UK he obviously should not have left????????????????????????????? GO HOME
Old Apr 8th 2003, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yafm
As PB HATES the country HATES his neighbours HATES the pub conversation HATES his job (if he every does any work) HATES the heat COMPLAINTS incessantly about everything WHY WHY WHY has he not gone back to the part of UK he obviously should not have left????????????????????????????? GO HOME

My biggest question is "why did PB emigrate in the the first place"
if he is so worldy wise why didn't he realise it was going to be so hot and so quiet and so full of aussies, what a really foolish move on his part,
He is just angry at himself for making the wrong move and now he is trying to spoil it for all of you who are "researching your move" to another country.
Sure all his posts are full off good information but they all have an edge to them.
This man is full of bitter resentment.
Why is he always at the pub, maybe he has problems at home.
That would answer a few questions but not the first one,
"WHY DID PB EMIGRATE IN THE FIRST PLACE"

Stoney
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

hi rosie, thanks for the possitive comments, we go to brissy on the 1st june. where abouts are you? did you rent at all, we are hoping to rent for a while, and also do a bit of traveling, and then decide where to settle.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rosy,

Heading your way vvvvvvery soon . Well have not booked tickets or signed house over or got removals sorted or the dog,or done any of the stuff that probably should be getting done. Too much to think about so decided not to!! Not enough room in my little head for all that.

Glad to hear you are getting along fine. Where are you and go on,tell us some more.

Pott.

Old Apr 8th 2003, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

mikenvonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: A diary of an immigrant...

Hi folks,

Hi

THANK YOU THANK YOU

That was great just what we all needed for inspiration,it keeps us all going to get over the hurdles, please keep us updated, dont be a tease!

Yvonne
B R I S B A N E B O U N D everything crossed!

Old Apr 9th 2003, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rosy
Hi folks,

So far, its all been FANTASTIC. Been here 8 weeks, bought HUGE house, pool, HUGE AMOUNT OF LAND, the people are soo friendly, even in the supermarkets, they say "hows your day going?" Isn`t that lovely? >>

Call me sceptical, but isnt it funny how people are fantastic and friendly when you are splashing out the newly converted pounds on pools, houses, cars etc. Couldnt be the money could it??

The kids employed in supermarkets are told in their training to say "How are you" to each and every customer. Company rule do you think they really care? Their nightmare is that you will actually go into any detail about your Irratable bowl or that rash you just cant get rid of. My daughter worked in a supermarket while at school and THEY HATE SAYING IT. Myself I find it very very annoying but know they are forced to do it.

You are in holiday mode. Enjoy it, we all get that initial high. ( My embarassing inital euporia at the beach sun lifestyle was to buy 6 hippie dresses and a pair of thongs. Needless to say I burnt them 6 months later).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.