Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Diaries, Blogs and Bellyaches . . . the final solution?

View Poll Results: Diaries, the next step . . .
Yes, let us all be able to have our own diaries
36.36%
No, not the place for it
5.45%
Have the option to buy blog/space on the Forum
18.18%
Have your own website and plug it in your signature
50.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Diaries, Blogs and Bellyaches . . . the final solution?

Old May 19th 2005, 6:28 am
Merlot

Default Diaries, Blogs and Bellyaches . . . the final solution?

Well this one has divided the Forum, I have read both sides but what next? No one has really concluded the best way forward here, otherwise everyday when you log on there will the counter arguement to the one the day before.

I reckon the Posters should decide? Go vote.

M

Last edited by Merlot; May 19th 2005 at 6:36 am. Reason: Crap speller!

Old May 19th 2005, 6:40 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diaries, Blogs and Bellyaches . . . the final solution?

M,

You've lost the plot, honey!!

But I luuuurrrvvve the new location.

N

Originally Posted by Merlot
Well this one has divided the Forum, I have read both sides but what next? No one has really concluded the best way forward here, otherwise everyday when you log on there will the counter arguement to the one the day before.

M
Old May 19th 2005, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

I think people should post anything they damn well like! (As long as it's not offensive, hmm but even the out of control trolls tend to amuse me highly. )
I do think a blog space on the forum is a great idea. I'm too lazy but I think it's fantastic that some people can give a real insight into what it's like living where they are.
As has been said a few times before - if it doesn't interest you, just don't read it!!
Old May 19th 2005, 8:09 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Un-Co
I think people should post anything they damn well like! (As long as it's not offensive, hmm but even the out of control trolls tend to amuse me highly. )
I do think a blog space on the forum is a great idea. I'm too lazy but I think it's fantastic that some people can give a real insight into what it's like living where they are.
As has been said a few times before - if it doesn't interest you, just don't read it!!
Me too

louise
Old May 19th 2005, 10:40 am
Merlot

Seems that diaries are very popular so far . . . . also this blog thing.

Mods, is this a possibility?

M

Old May 19th 2005, 10:50 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Agree with above
Old May 19th 2005, 10:50 am
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

I was just getting in to that three legged blokes diary and it got pulled.

I suppose we could all have our own diaries as long as they fit the purpose of the "In crowd"

Yavol Mein Herr.
Old May 19th 2005, 10:53 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Blogs could be a good idea..

oh and sense of humour?
Old May 19th 2005, 10:55 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sloake
Blogs could be a good idea..

oh and sense of humour?
I have whacked a copy of this in the feedback forum.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:02 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Diaries, Blogs and Bellyaches . . . the final solution?

Originally Posted by mutant
I was just getting in to that three legged blokes diary and it got pulled. .
yeh, pull the other leg

I suppose we could all have our own diaries as long as they fit the purpose of the "In crowd"

Yavol Mein Herr.[/QUOTE]

for the newly arrived (on the forum i mean) NAME NAMES!!
Old May 19th 2005, 11:21 am
Banned

Dirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant future

M
I'm not a fan of blogs, they are usually done by *look at me* type people.

The forth option sounds the best but its even easier than that. There are sites you can blog on, its not like you have to create a website, its as easy as posting on this site.

As a forum, I'd expect a more concise, informative type of post here. If I wnated a blog, I'd go to a blogger site.

Oh, talking of blogs, the only one I ever read regularly is this one:

http://www.wilwheaton.net/

He's the guy who used to be Wesley Crusher on Star Trek, the annoying little plonker everyone wanted to die in every episode. Having read his blog for a year, he's a really sound, decent guy, hard working, and a Nerd! (No harm in that)

But very very funny,

Dirk
Old May 19th 2005, 11:52 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

M
It's an open forum, people should write what they wish providing it's within acceptable limits and free from personal attacks.

Otherwise this site would be shite.

And it isn't so let's keep it that way.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:59 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
It's an open forum, people should write what they wish providing it's within acceptable limits and free from personal attacks.

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't have said it better.
Old May 19th 2005, 12:07 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walla1

I agree, it's easy enough to avoid the threads you dont want to read, and if you inadvertently read one you find boring or whatever you can just click the "back" button.
Old May 19th 2005, 1:01 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

The Banana Diaries, a liitle slice of life Down Under - updated regularly.

Replies: 1,157
Views: 85,723
i think this says it all really
like it or lump it, this is by for the most popular thread on this forum.
jill just look at the numbers if people didnt like it, u would have been on the thread killers thread long ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.