Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Diaries, Blogs and Bellyaches . . . the final solution?

View Poll Results: Diaries, the next step . . .
Yes, let us all be able to have our own diaries
36.36%
No, not the place for it
5.45%
Have the option to buy blog/space on the Forum
18.18%
Have your own website and plug it in your signature
50.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Diaries, Blogs and Bellyaches . . . the final solution?

Old May 19th 2005, 6:53 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Diaries, Blogs and Bellyaches . . . the final solution?

Originally Posted by wmoore
Karma option? Do you mean Rate This Thread?
Nupe, just noticed the little karma blue box to the left where you can give karma is not there, not sure if this has been stopped due to the thread debating karma

M

Old May 19th 2005, 6:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Nupe, just noticed the little karma blue box to the left where you can give karma is not there, not sure if this has been stopped due to the thread debating karma

M
Must be you mine's there.
Old May 19th 2005, 7:00 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Must be you mine's there.
It's just come back up . . . oh stop ya teasing Mods

Are we still allowed to share karma?

M

Old May 19th 2005, 7:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

M
Hold down CTRL and press F5 on your keyboard. It's there, maybe your browser cache is corrupt - this action forces your 'puter to download a fresh copy.
Old May 19th 2005, 7:01 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

It's just come back up . . . oh stop ya teasing Mods

Are we still allowed to share karma?

M
Share away!
Old May 19th 2005, 7:01 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I couldn't give a monkey's uncle what Fred in Idaho is up to
Well last time we spoke.

M

Old May 19th 2005, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Post whatever you want, but just be prepared for the reaction you may get. If you need an audience just accept somone in the crowd might thow an egg now and again.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough

Just to make one point from a neutral (although I did find 3legs very funny) - why was his Potatoe Peeler diaries moved to the Lounge and Banana Diaries stays on the 'main'. Surely they have similar content although different meanings.

Mods can we not have a section purely for the 'diary' entries ? Surely no one can complain if they then take the time to read them ?
Old May 20th 2005, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by surfdude
Just to make one point from a neutral (although I did find 3legs very funny) - why was his Potatoe Peeler diaries moved to the Lounge and Banana Diaries stays on the 'main'. Surely they have similar content although different meanings.

Mods can we not have a section purely for the 'diary' entries ? Surely no one can complain if they then take the time to read them ?
That would seem like a sensible solution to me. This 'well don't read the thread if you don't want to' attitude is all very well but it clearly didn't apply to those who got upset with the Potatoe Peeler Diary Thread. It was pretty obvious from the title that it was going to be a p1ss take / parody of diary style posts. Hence if you only like serious diary entries, then using the logic already conveyed, surely you would not read this and hence not have a problem?? Or doesn't it work this way around?
Old May 20th 2005, 12:28 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darkless
That would seem like a sensible solution to me. This 'well don't read the thread if you don't want to' attitude is all very well but it clearly didn't apply to those who got upset with the Potatoe Peeler Diary Thread. It was pretty obvious from the title that it was going to be a p1ss take / parody of diary style posts. Hence if you only like serious diary entries, then using the logic already conveyed, surely you would not read this and hence not have a problem?? Or doesn't it work this way around?
People did not get upset with the parodie, how often do I have to say it?(or am I on people's ignore?)
It was the other personal comments that got people.

The potato peelers diary was indeed started as a parodie, but more to start a row.
It also is not a diary about life in Australia, and has no useful info whatso ever. The Banana Diaries has.

I really don't see that we need a different section.
If Threelegs wants to start a diary about live leading up to migrating, and getting here, and life here, he can do that in here to, in my opinion. But I don't think he was ever interested in that, it was to be mean(not the diary part, the other comments!!!).

And anyway, he's since apologised(I'm glad, because from his previous posts he seemed quite nice, and yes: funny.)
Old May 20th 2005, 12:34 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Well this one has divided the Forum, I have read both sides but what next? No one has really concluded the best way forward here, otherwise everyday when you log on there will the counter arguement to the one the day before.

I reckon the Posters should decide? Go vote.

M

Dont know what the final solution is, but I had to go for the last option; if only because thats what I've been doing for dont-know-how-long, up to you if you click on the links then
Old May 20th 2005, 11:37 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

I would have voted none of the above as I would have liked to see the option of separate forum for posting blog threads in the same way as aus. nz . usa. canada. all have their own forums.
Old May 20th 2005, 11:41 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

can someone explain to me what a blog thread is please?
Old May 20th 2005, 11:47 am
Banned

Dirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by walla1
Well, a Blog is a weblog, which is just someones personal diary that they choose to put on the web, recording their day to day lives and thoughts. So a blog thread would be, someone recording their lives on a thread. Not necessarily on topic, not necessarily interesting, just basically their own diary space.

Now if we ALL did that, my what an interesting forum this would be.

Dirk
Old May 20th 2005, 11:50 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244807

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.