Wikiposts

Diamonds ????

Old May 24th 2004, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Default Diamonds ????

If you were considering buying a diamond ring. where do you think that you would get the best deal UK or OZ ?
Old May 24th 2004, 11:33 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Diamonds ????

Originally posted by jwinch
If you were considering buying a diamond ring. where do you think that you would get the best deal UK or OZ ?

From what I've heard......find a reputable diamond dealer in Singapore............ or maybe on way to Oz e.g via Hong Kong?

Old May 24th 2004, 11:43 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Bevilles

8mm Round - $79.95:

Old May 25th 2004, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

Oz diamond jewelery seems to be much cheaper than in England.
Old May 25th 2004, 12:06 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know but I'll ask my 'Jewellery expert' when she gets in

Wherever we go she always tells me they are a 'bargain'

G
Old May 25th 2004, 12:07 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Wendy&Mike
Oz diamond jewelery seems to be much cheaper than in England.
What Cheaper than ARGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 25th 2004, 12:38 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Megalania
Bevilles

8mm Round - $79.95:

Megs this thread is for Cubic zirconia me finx

.......it's diamonds wots a girls best friend

Meg playing trix again

Old May 25th 2004, 1:09 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Otherwise if you want to check out some on a website then try -

http://web-1.bidz.com/categoryDispla...tgName=Jewelry

They explain what you are looking at etc etc and you can get some real bargains on there - this will really annoy all the folks on eBay who sell jewellery :scared:

Just be careful when you start to bid as it is very addictive and you can keep going and going without much thought on the price of things.

Sasha
Old May 25th 2004, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Thailand. I bought a diamond eternity ring there and got it valued when I got home - it was triple the value we paid for it!!
Old May 25th 2004, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhhhhhh... I have a cunning plan... book the flight for our wedding anniversary and then lovingly steer him into a jewellery shop... get eldest child on side and voila! big rock!

In my dreams
Larissa
Old May 25th 2004, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by snappy
Otherwise if you want to check out some on a website then try -

http://web-1.bidz.com/categoryDispla...tgName=Jewelry

They explain what you are looking at etc etc and you can get some real bargains on there - this will really annoy all the folks on eBay who sell jewellery :scared:

Just be careful when you start to bid as it is very addictive and you can keep going and going without much thought on the price of things.

Sasha

Ooooh. Ole man will never get me off the computer now.
Old May 25th 2004, 3:21 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Off2Oz
Ooooh. Ole man will never get me off the computer now.
LOL I did make quite a bit of money from buying on there and selling them on eBay. You do get charged for inport duties but it is still a lot cheaper than they are worth.

Sasha
Old May 25th 2004, 3:58 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Depends if you bought it in dollars or pounds, I suppose....If you buy a diamond ring in Oz, with a UK card, with a favourable exhange, you could do well.

We got my engagement ring here in Jersey, thereby saving the VAT, which worked out at nearly £200! Worth considering.

Singapore is supposed to be a good place for buying such things. As is Dubai, I think.

I wore my ring on the way home to avoid having to pay any import duty, or the VAT.

Remember to gen (gem? ) up on diamonds though if you don't know about them already.
Old May 25th 2004, 4:01 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

what about Amsterdam - friend got diamond from there and mounted in a ring in UK.

You can then smoke some of the local stuff and you will not give 2 hoots how much the diamond cost
Old May 25th 2004, 5:48 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

B'ham Jewellery Qtr, mate.

because I had to get my money back later less the usual

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.