dialling uk

Old May 25th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default dialling uk

hi can someone tell me if i wanted to dial a number in the uk what is the code ??

is it 001144 ??
i know i have to drop the 0 on the area code i.e 01243 becomes 1243

but not sure about the rest

thanks

pootle
Old May 25th 2005, 9:33 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dialling uk

Originally Posted by pootle26
hi can someone tell me if i wanted to dial a number in the uk what is the code ??

is it 001144 ??
i know i have to drop the 0 on the area code i.e 01243 becomes 1243

but not sure about the rest

thanks

pootle
Yes that is the country code and yes just drop the 0 at the begining of the uk number

louise
Old May 25th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by louise4
Yes that is the country code and yes just drop the 0 at the begining of the uk number

louise

thanks i thought so but just wanted to make sure

what about dialling a uk mobile ???

pootle
Old May 25th 2005, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

wafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nice

pootle
same,drop the zero,and your wallet,actually not to expensive,phoned my friend in the UK,chatted for 10 mins on his mobile cost me 50c,Go Talk quite good,but probably better around
Old May 25th 2005, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

AmandaJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wafoo1
same,drop the zero,and your wallet,actually not to expensive,phoned my friend in the UK,chatted for 10 mins on his mobile cost me 50c,Go Talk quite good,but probably better around
se

Hi

We use a Victory card for calling UK - you can get these from any newsagent (not sure if it's only Victoria though). It works out extremely cheap - I think around 2.5c per minute, although I bought a $50 card which gave me $56 worth of calls. I've used it for about 2-3 hours (I think) calling the UK and still have $49 left.

AJ
Old May 25th 2005, 10:02 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

pootle
If you want to store a UK mobile No. in your Oz mobile, first key in, +44 then the UK mobile No. dropping the first 0.
So 0123456789 becomes +44123456789.
Then you can phone direct, mobile to mobile, as if you were in the same country.
Strangely enough, it's sometimes cheaper than phoning another Oz mobile as well!!
Old May 26th 2005, 1:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scossie
If you want to store a UK mobile No. in your Oz mobile, first key in, +44 then the UK mobile No. dropping the first 0.
So 0123456789 becomes +44123456789.
Then you can phone direct, mobile to mobile, as if you were in the same country.
Strangely enough, it's sometimes cheaper than phoning another Oz mobile as well!!
And often a lot more expensive, especially if using a discount call provider.

Rule of thumb - if you *must* call a UK mobile bear in mind the rates will probably be higher, so ask the person for a landline nearby and call that immediately.

Jeremy
Old May 26th 2005, 2:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
And often a lot more expensive, especially if using a discount call provider.

Rule of thumb - if you *must* call a UK mobile bear in mind the rates will probably be higher, so ask the person for a landline nearby and call that immediately.

Jeremy
Mobile rates are strange things though - my mate and I can chat (Telstra mobile-UK Orange mobile) for cheaper than he can call his partner in Sussex, from Dublin on Oarnge mobile to landline! Work that one out!!!