Diabetic

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Derek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura about
Default Diabetic

Hi. Can anyone help?

I have been offered a job in Australia and the company are going to sponsor me on a 457 temporary business visa. My son (11) is a type 1 diabetic. Can you let me know how Medicare works and what I am expected to pay for.
Is it easy to get permanent residency when you are over in Australia on a temporary business visa.

Any help would be appreciated
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

AmandaJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Diabetic

Originally Posted by Derek Clarke
Hi. Can anyone help?

I have been offered a job in Australia and the company are going to sponsor me on a 457 temporary business visa. My son (11) is a type 1 diabetic. Can you let me know how Medicare works and what I am expected to pay for.
Is it easy to get permanent residency when you are over in Australia on a temporary business visa.

Any help would be appreciated
I'm not sure, but I did see something on here a couple of months ago by someone who's daughter was diabetic. If you put a search on this forum for "diabetic" you should find something.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

SarahandOli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Diabetic

Originally Posted by AmandaJ
I'm not sure, but I did see something on here a couple of months ago by someone who's daughter was diabetic. If you put a search on this forum for "diabetic" you should find something.
Hi can't help much but I am just in the process of applying for a 457. My employer had to ammend the original employment contract to say that private medical insurance would be offered. - i think that's cos you are not entitled to medicare on a 457.

I could be wrong on this - but hope that helps - probably worth discusing with your employer