Wikiposts

diabetes in Aus

Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Mark264 will become famous soon enoughMark264 will become famous soon enough
Default diabetes in Aus

Can anyone provide some info on cost of diabetic supplies and what type of insulin is used.

My son is 13 and was diagnosed 3 years ago with Type I. We are coming to Queensland (Brisbane) for a 5 week rekkie, hoping to move there next April. We are coming to have our visas stamped! Very exciting times.

My only concern is that my son will have access to the same type of analogue insulin he gets in the uk. This is Levimir and Novorapid made by Novo Nordisk.

Can anyone direct me to a good site to check this out...

Many Thanks
Mark n Sarah
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: diabetes in Aus

Originally Posted by Mark264
Can anyone provide some info on cost of diabetic supplies and what type of insulin is used.

My son is 13 and was diagnosed 3 years ago with Type I. We are coming to Queensland (Brisbane) for a 5 week rekkie, hoping to move there next April. We are coming to have our visas stamped! Very exciting times.

My only concern is that my son will have access to the same type of analogue insulin he gets in the uk. This is Levimir and Novorapid made by Novo Nordisk.

Can anyone direct me to a good site to check this out...

Many Thanks
Mark n Sarah
http://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/home/index.htm
http://www.diabetes.com.au/
http://www.diabetes.org.au/
Old Oct 25th 2007, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Mark264 will become famous soon enoughMark264 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: diabetes in Aus

Thank you so much for that! Really useful sites.

Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

skeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant future
Default Re: diabetes in Aus

Look forward to showing you around mate, Your son will be fine, Body boarding in no time.

PS, Have you warned the Australian public your wifes coming over they should all be supplied with ear plugs.

pps sorry to take it away from serious matters, but we have to warn the Australian public.