Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dgs and worms NZ

Dgs and worms NZ

Old Feb 11th 2004, 5:12 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Dogs and worms NZ

A word to the wise - worm your bloody dog two or three weeks before all the tests start to take them to NZ - mine has just come back positive for hook worm and as they have to have two negative tests 14 days apart it is VERY VERY tight for her to fly on Mar 4.

We are hoping the pills I have just shoved down her throat will work in 7 days for the retest next Wednesday and that the shippers will do another test the day before she leaves.

If she comes back positive next week the whole lot will have to be put back another week - which means retesting all her bloods she had on Monday and her not flying until March 11 at the earliest.

And I fly next Wednesday so will have to stage manage the whole lot from NZ

ARGGGGGH
:scared:

And yes I should have wormed her three weeks ago - no brainer -but didn't.

Why is nothing easy? - we seem to have lurched from crisis to another in the past two weeks!

Nothing for it but I think
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:43 am
Just Joined

hectashouse is an unknown quantity at this point

how much has it cost you to fly yr dog out to nz? and did you do all the vets checks yourself or go through an agency? I've had a quote from par air for £2,200 for both of mine, and thats just for the crate, flight and vet checks at the airport, not inc the medical checks. airpets wanted £2,600 for the same.