Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Detailed Map of Tasmania

Detailed Map of Tasmania

Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:45 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Detailed Map of Tasmania

Well Ive never seen a map of tassie like mine for sale in RACQ :scared:
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Well Ive never seen a map of tassie like mine for sale in RACQ :scared:
Well thats because you've never submitted any photographs obviously.

They do encourage readers to submit photos. And I believe they pay quite well too.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different publication, but it did have lots of maps of Tassie in it

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 19th 2005, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Just looking around at several article on Tassie, you will notice that Tassie is an island state and therefore surrounded by water.

This has in turn made it a very nautical place and if often full of seamen, in fact once a year Sydney comes to Hobart and the place fills with seamen!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Just looking around at several article on Tassie, you will notice that Tassie is an island state and therefore surrounded by water.

This has in turn made it a very nautical place and if often full of seamen, in fact once a year Sydney comes to Hobart and the place fills with seamen!
I only know of one event a year when the australian navy visits Tassie,

Unless anyone else knows of a time when tassie gets a huge influx of seamen?

Cheers,

JTL
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:59 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I only know of one event a year when the australian navy visits Tassie,

Unless anyone else knows of a time when tassie gets a huge influx of seamen?

Cheers,

JTL
Once a year????? Glad Im not MrsJTL, she must be bitterly disappointed to only see seamen in Tassie once a year :scared:
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:04 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Once a year????? Glad Im not MrsJTL, she must be bitterly disappointed to only see seamen in Tassie once a year :scared:

Yeah but he did say it was the Australian Navy Once a year :scared:

I'm sure Mrs JTL is glad of the year off after that.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You've obviously never seen it. It's one hell of an event

Cheers,

JTL
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Zentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the roughZentack is a jewel in the rough

We were so impressed with the place that we bought his'n'hers T-Shirts, that way we could never get lost:

http://www.abc.net.au/northtas/stories/s1036874.htm

http://www.everythingaustralian.com....8012&cat_id=49

But I must admit that I'm not a big fan of Tassie when the seamen are there. If you ask me they are a bunch of drunken louts who get everywhere, and the locals are for ever cleaning up after them.

Papa Z

"Nudge nudge, wink wink, saynmore, say no more!!

So whats it like?"
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Are the Australian camels found in Tassie?

Someone told me they saw something that looked like a camel's hoof.

A.
Umm, haven't seen the camel's toe but I believe that they referred to the Bactrian Camels as there were lots of humps and humping.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
PMSL....you obviously landed great one time though Badge. No spillage there then!

Maybe until you are experienced, you should stick to straight landing. Get your landing gear out in plenty of time and make sure everything is well oiled beforehand.
Most experienced Pilots do a circuit before landing to make sure the strip is clear and ready for them.

More than one Pilot has been "talked in". And in bad weather they are known to have been groping in the dark, hoping to find a way in.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:35 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently theres a little peak in Tasmania where the sensations are just amazing. I've never found it. Detailed directions anyone?

Oh, wrong forum again?

JTL
Ok where is this little peak tell me more, if you can be more specific then i'll report back from it when we get to Tas
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

On another thread I was just made aware, that sometimes that headlands can be quite a different colour from south?

Something about cuffs and collars not matching.

Has anyone noticed this?

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 2:11 pm
Rocket Scientist

Cheers,
JTL
ROFL!!!!!!!!

And here was me thinking you were posting to tell us that MrsJTL finally had the seamen visiting Tassie on their annual pilgimage
Old May 4th 2005, 2:23 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

She prefers a sub mariner

Helps them with their torpedos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.