Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Detailed Map Of Australia

Detailed Map Of Australia

Old Apr 16th 2005, 7:49 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Default Detailed Map Of Australia

Would anyone have a detailed map of australia that they could email us?

We have a 'Collins' A1 map but it is too big to put up in our home office (under the stairs) and keep opening and folding it away is a pain in the @rse as the kids keep wanting to see different places. It would be so much easier on the PC but I cannot find anything out there that is any good, detailed etc for them to look at.

The 'Collins' map is excellent but too big for the scanner too!

Any help appreciated.

R.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 7:59 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: Detailed Map Of Australia

Originally Posted by Carruss

We have a 'Collins' A1 map but it is too big to put up in our home office (under the stairs) and keep opening and folding it away is a pain in the @rse as the kids keep wanting to see different places. It would be so much easier on the PC but I cannot find anything out there that is any good, detailed etc for them to look at.

Any help appreciated.

R.
Here's a printable one from National Geographic's MapMachine. They have various types of maps available, depending on what detail you need.

Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:14 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Detailed Map Of Australia

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Here's a printable one from National Geographic's MapMachine. They have various types of maps available, depending on what detail you need.

Thanks for that link but we want really detailed. The roads, parks, towns (smaller ones not just the larger well know ones) and everything else.

Might try Encarta 2005 an see what thats like but I dont suppose they will go into such detail either.

R.

Last edited by Carruss; Apr 16th 2005 at 8:17 am.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:04 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

here ya go.

there's a link on http://www.mynrma.com.au/maps_maps_australia.asp to a full map of australia, or more detailed maps of the states.

Leigh

Thanks for that link but we want really detailed. The roads, parks, towns (smaller ones not just the larger well know ones) and everything else.

Might try Encarta 2005 an see what thats like but I dont suppose they will go into such detail either.

R.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:08 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

..actually they're not more detailed just chopped up parts of the big pdf. ah well.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

download this software at
http://www.earthbrowser.com/

great piece of software
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:47 am
Just Joined

The Noo-noo is an unknown quantity at this point

Any help appreciated.

R.
Have you tried multimap.com selecting Australia.
It might be a bit slow finding an area and zooming in as it's all on the web but it is very detailed.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Any help appreciated.

R.
When I went to OZ in Sept 04 i bought a UBD I can scan some of the maps in if Brisbane is were you are heading
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:53 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

http://www.arta.com.au/G3.html
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Megalania
Ooh, I like that one!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 12:47 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Any help appreciated.

R.
Don't know about overall Aussie map as I still haven't bought one yet!

However, for local areas in which you might be interested, try this:

http://www.street-directory.com.au/aus_new/index.cgi

You kids may well be fascinated by the level of detail about some of the places you might be going to/have been to.

Cheers
Anya.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 9:59 am
I am not the Messiah!

Talking Re: Detailed Map Of Australia

Thanks for all of the replies its much appreciated and sorry for not thanking you all sooner but my broadband connection went t*ts up yesterday!

These two are good and are similar to multimap and streetmap in the UK. Its just a shame that the actual size of the pictures are so small but thats not really a problem.

The earthbrowser software looks really good. I installed the demo version and may but the licence to!

Tabby, thanks for the offer but we are more than likely going to Cairns.

When I went to OZ in Sept 04 i bought a UBD I can scan some of the maps in if Brisbane is were you are heading
R.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all of the replies its much appreciated and sorry for not thanking you all sooner but my broadband connection went t*ts up yesterday!

These two are good and are similar to multimap and streetmap in the UK. Its just a shame that the actual size of the pictures are so small but thats not really a problem.

The earthbrowser software looks really good. I installed the demo version and may but the licence to!

Tabby, thanks for the offer but we are more than likely going to Cairns.

R.
I'm working on the tasmanian part for you, but its not going so well, people keep taking the micky

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:14 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'm working on the tasmanian part for you, but its not going so well, people keep taking the micky

Cheers,
JTL
Us, taking the Michael . . . never

Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:47 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Tabby, thanks for the offer but we are more than likely going to Cairns.R.

This one is a monthly free mag and does have some maps in it.......

http://www.tropicalaustralia.com.au/...0-FC75BD815DAD

and some other Cairns sites that might be of interest...

http://www.arta.com.au/qldmaps/cairns.html
http://www.cairns-australia.com/
http://www.cairnsconnect.com.au/
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=927
http://www.qld.gov.au/
http://www.sunbus.com.au/tt_cairns.php
http://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.