Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Destination Townsville

Destination Townsville

Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:38 am
Andy and Wendy

Baphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the rough
Default Destination Townsville

Hi all,

As you can see we are quite new to this forum. Unfortunately my OH and I only stumbled across this site quite recently so we really haven't had much time to be as active as we would have liked before we leave for Oz. (but we will certainly will continue to post once we are out there).
The reason for creating this post is I'd like to thank all the people who take the time to post their feelings, experiences and complaints on this site.This forum is an invaluable resource which has answered many of our questions (indirectly) and is something quite special which we have not been able to find anywhere else.
So thank you all!!!!

Now about us.......

We will be finally arriving in Townsville on the 27th August after a very long 1 1/2 year wait. Unfortunately due to our circumstances we have only been able to come out on an SIR visa, but what the hell, an SIR is better than staying in the UK . We fly out on the 24th August via Singapore Air, stopping over in Singapore for 1 night to do some shopping
As we don't have many assets in the UK, i.e. nothing, we will be staying at a backpackers hostel for 2 weeks while we try and find a place to rent. We are still quite young, without a family, so we are hoping this will will be the best way forward.

So if there is anyone out in Townsville that is up for a coffee or a beer just let us know
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

KatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond reputeKatieLilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Destination Townsville

Originally Posted by Baphomet
Hi all,

As you can see we are quite new to this forum. Unfortunately my OH and I only stumbled across this site quite recently so we really haven't had much time to be as active as we would have liked before we leave for Oz. (but we will certainly will continue to post once we are out there).
The reason for creating this post is I'd like to thank all the people who take the time to post their feelings, experiences and complaints on this site.This forum is an invaluable resource which has answered many of our questions (indirectly) and is something quite special which we have not been able to find anywhere else.
So thank you all!!!!

Now about us.......

We will be finally arriving in Townsville on the 27th August after a very long 1 1/2 year wait. Unfortunately due to our circumstances we have only been able to come out on an SIR visa, but what the hell, an SIR is better than staying in the UK . We fly out on the 24th August via Singapore Air, stopping over in Singapore for 1 night to do some shopping
As we don't have many assets in the UK, i.e. nothing, we will be staying at a backpackers hostel for 2 weeks while we try and find a place to rent. We are still quite young, without a family, so we are hoping this will will be the best way forward.

So if there is anyone out in Townsville that is up for a coffee or a beer just let us know

Hi there,

we will be (hopefully) heading for the Townsville region in August or September as well (on a RSMS visa). Actually we will be a couple of hours away from Townsville, but plan to spend weekends etc. in Townsville.

We are also a couple with no family, and would be also happy to catch up sometime there.

Cheers

Katie
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:15 pm
Andy and Wendy

Baphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the roughBaphomet is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Destination Townsville

Originally Posted by KatieLilly
Hi there,

we will be (hopefully) heading for the Townsville region in August or September as well (on a RSMS visa). Actually we will be a couple of hours away from Townsville, but plan to spend weekends etc. in Townsville.

We are also a couple with no family, and would be also happy to catch up sometime there.

Cheers

Katie
Hi Katie

That’s great news! I hope all is going well with your preparations so far. We just can’t wait until we fly out.....all this organisation and preparation is driving us crazy!! We’ll keep track of your progress and as soon as you are ready we can meet up. Obviously we will keep posting our progress on the forum to let everyone how we are doing.

Andy