Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

despite spilling red wine on the carpet

despite spilling red wine on the carpet

Old Jan 31st 2004, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default despite spilling red wine on the carpet

we had an offer on the house. 10 grand under the price we want but have heard they are willing to negotiate

so fingers crossed even though i got talked out of resigning

arlene
Old Jan 31st 2004, 12:23 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: despite spilling red wine on the carpet

Originally posted by arlene
we had an offer on the house. 10 grand under the price we want but have heard they are willing to negotiate

arlene
Well done, and Good Luck.

Did you get the stain out ?

Old Jan 31st 2004, 12:24 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

arlene
dont tell them youre leaving the country they may think youre desperate to sell !! Or tell them you are leaving but not bothered if the house selld before you leave or not because you arent selling unless its at the right price !
Tell them the red wine on the carpet is just a sample, the case of it is on the kitchen counter and goes with the house. Youre willing to knock off a fiver for the one bottle that is open
Good luck

Last edited by Luke I Amyofath; Jan 31st 2004 at 12:28 am.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
dont tell them youre leaving the country they may think youre desperate to sell !! Or tell them you are leaving but not bothered if the house selld before you leave or not because you arent selling unless its at the right price !
Tell them the red wine on the carpet is just a sample, the case of it is on the kitchen counter and goes with the house. Youre willing to knock off a fiver for the one bottle that is open
Good luck

like have told them our plans but have also said that we are in hurry to leave as we have ages befopre validating the visa (lies lies and more lies)

just see what happens after the weekend

arlene
Old Jan 31st 2004, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Arlene
Old Jan 31st 2004, 2:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

GO ARLENE AND DES!!!
Old Jan 31st 2004, 9:37 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

arlene

Yay for you!!!!
whaddya mean you got talked out of resigning!!!??? have they offered you a H grade for a 5 hour week with a 4 hour lunch break????

good on ya mate!!!

sue
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Arlene! I'm sure there's some way to get red wine out of a carpet - anyone know?
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
Yay for you!!!!
whaddya mean you got talked out of resigning!!!??? have they offered you a H grade for a 5 hour week with a 4 hour lunch break????

good on ya mate!!!

sue

sue

no such luck on getting that grade, handed in my notice and she said you cant leave so the upshot is that i am now only working 3 nights and can pick my shifts

i thought id try it on a months trial, feeling much more positive now about work just started to enjoy it again

and by the way got the stain out of the carpet and have another viewer round this afternoon and won a pound on a scratchcard (think ill do the lotto tonight)
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:18 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

like have told them our plans but have also said that we are in hurry to leave as we have ages befopre validating the visa (lies lies and more lies)

just see what happens after the weekend

arlene
Arlene,

Ask your estate agent if he has details of house renting companies as if you don't get full price you will go that route.

May shake him into trying to sell at higher price level.

They generally don't care if your house sells at a lower price as their commission is not affected that much. They just want quick turnover and selling cheap is the way they do it but not of course in your interest.

However if you go rental he may not get anything so hopefully will push more in your favour.

Good luck.

Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:22 am
earlswood

Nice one Arlene

Hope your OK, when did you put the house on the market?

Hopefully putting ours on end of Feb.

Anitax

Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by earlswood
Nice one Arlene

Hope your OK, when did you put the house on the market?

Hopefully putting ours on end of Feb.

Anitax

anita long time no hear where have you been hiding yourself

we popped in onto the market 1 st week in jan so not too bad at the moment

arlene
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:29 am
earlswood

anita long time no hear where have you been hiding yourself

we popped in onto the market 1 st week in jan so not too bad at the moment

arlene
Do come on most days, but Chris (now Billabong) hogs the puter

Glad your OK, when are you hoping to be off?

Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by earlswood
Do come on most days, but Chris (now Billabong) hogs the puter

Glad your OK, when are you hoping to be off?

soon as poss

but dont tell the viewers that

arlene
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:42 am
earlswood

soon as poss

but dont tell the viewers that

arlene
Secrets safe with me

Take carex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.