Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Wikiposts

Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:46 am
I don't do spelling

Murphies is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
British Hairdressers are seen as some of the best you can get,if you employ british just make sure you have products they used in the u.k. i.e. Wella and L'oreal seem to be the main ones.
I'm British,in the process of emmigrating to Perth,hoping to be there next year.I'm 20 years down the road now in the industry, and an all rounder,covering everything apart from hair extensions.I have spent most of my time doing cutting,colouring and bridal work.
The colours i've spent most time with are Wella's Koleston and my biggest concern is finding a job with these products,because as you know we are confident in the familiar.

I think Swartzkoff(forgive spelling) are the main colours in Oz.
I was speaking to a guy at Maurice Meade in Whitfords,northern suburbs a few weeks ago,this company has a chain of salons and a training academy which is what i'm interested in,they only do the hi-lift blonde range in Wella,Why? the whole range is great!,why restrict the colour choice.

Anyway,my point is,set up something that has british 'home comforts' when it comes to what products you use ,cos then we can apply,get on with what we've done for years and continue to produce excellent work.!!
Lynn
Hy Lynn
we seem to be on the same wavelength - im a wella girl trained and using now- maybe if more of us wella girls move to Aus we can "wellarise" Aus. Im gonna see my UK wella rep and ask her who i should contact in Aus as a wella distributor . I totally agree with you re UK hairdressers being the best - im lucky enough to have travelled and have seem some really really really bad hairdressing outside of the UK ( and some bad hairdressing in the UK ). I was thinking of working in salon for a few months just to get a feel of the hours/ distributers / products etc before opening my own salon - the hair extn co i work with in the UK has asked me to set up as a disributor in Aus - so any hairdresser oiut there wanting to do extns and having problems getting supplies ---- just hand on !!
PS Lyn - cant you get a shift on and get to Perth sonner ????!!!!!????- lets stay in touch
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Default Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Originally Posted by Murphies
Hy Lynn
we seem to be on the same wavelength - im a wella girl trained and using now- maybe if more of us wella girls move to Aus we can "wellarise" Aus. Im gonna see my UK wella rep and ask her who i should contact in Aus as a wella distributor . I totally agree with you re UK hairdressers being the best - im lucky enough to have travelled and have seem some really really really bad hairdressing outside of the UK ( and some bad hairdressing in the UK ). I was thinking of working in salon for a few months just to get a feel of the hours/ distributers / products etc before opening my own salon - the hair extn co i work with in the UK has asked me to set up as a disributor in Aus - so any hairdresser oiut there wanting to do extns and having problems getting supplies ---- just hand on !!
PS Lyn - cant you get a shift on and get to Perth sonner ????!!!!!????- lets stay in touch
Hiya,
the earliest i'll get there will be easter next year but i'm doing a reccie in nov and staying in Mindarie,north perth,we could grab a cuppa maybe?
I have tried to access the aus Wella website 100's of times but it's always down,that concerns me.
Can you ask your rep to suss out what's happening with Wella in Oz.
Whereabouts in Brum are you?
I have friends in Halesowen area.
I'm 30miles north of Newcastle.
Lynn