Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Wikiposts

Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Old Apr 6th 2005, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Originally Posted by peppi
In that case Im surprised you didnt send the meds etc altogether with the application (as a lot of people seem to be doing noW) Have you had confirmation of receipt of application yet...they seem to come back well quick nowadays...I'd be very surprised if in 6 months time it isnt all done and dusted...If I were you Id book the meds and get the police checks in order...I have seen MODL apps submitted with meds etc back in 3 months...but then you are talking to a non MODL "old timer" pre July of last year, whos entire application took 2 years start to end....If you pass the TRA and have no major traumas with police and are basically fit and well you have not alot to worry about...TRA's the worse bit....and thats job done from what you are saying
no confirmation that they have recieved paper work yet but only sent off on the 30.03...paid by cc so should see when card is debited...we didnt book the meds as i thought it might be taking the piss...by that i mean what if you dont get asked to get meds done??...ok to all the others police checks done in the past for other jobs..ok there..fit a well...think so..so might go ahead and book meds
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:08 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Originally Posted by Steve2438
thanks Peppi,my wife has passed the TRA and we have sent off the main forms to dimia,just wondering how long things are talking as we were thinking of booking the meds to coinside with the requests to get them done ...if we get requested that is
I was just wondering, you passed the TRA in less than two months according to your timeline. Did you send it 'Priority Assessment' or just the normal way?

R.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Carruss
I was just wondering, you passed the TRA in less than two months according to your timeline. Did you send it 'Priority Assessment' or just the normal way?

R.
shocked us as well...yes we did send it 'Priority Assessment'
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:38 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
Pleeeeeeze,
Any hairdressers coming to Brisbane and looking for work, contact me.
I have a lovely upmarket salon in an inner northern suburb of Brisbane and am in dire need of a senior stylist.
We have a serious shortage of hairdressers here so if you are a qualified hairdesser and are thinking of coming to Australia, you would have no problem finding work.
I am from East London 20 yrs ago and love it here but the work ethic of young aussies leave a lot to be desired .
Good luck to everyone applying to emigrate, it isn't easy but it's what you make it.
One word of advise.......don't keep comparing things to England, you are on
the other side of the world and things are different here. Just accept the differences and get on with your new life.
Lisaxxx
Hi Lisa, I'll be moving 30 mins from Brissie at the end of August. I do have a salon in mind to buy with my sis-in-law in Dec, but this is only a thought and not set in concrete, there's time yet for the seller to change her mind, and there's always the chance it's not right for me as I would end up doing all the work, my sis-in-law (who is putting up all the money) is only thinking of training as a hairdresser and there is no other staff. When I get to Oz if I don't think it'll work I will be looking for a job from mid Sept - Oct time. Keep us posted on to how you're going getting staff as I could well be interested. I have an NVQ 2 in Hairdressing and Barbering, and an NVQ 3 in Customer Relations. I have worked in the trade for 9 years and as of next week I have been qualified for 7.
Marie
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:48 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Any good in 3 years time ?? ...lol

Myself and partner are BOTH considering coming to Oz to study Hairdressing at the Brisbane school of Hairdressing. Will probably start our courses at the start of 2006.

Can any of you ole pro's tell me if possible, is this 'pivot Point' as good as the schools tell you it is? and any tips in general will be MOST appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Smile Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Originally Posted by Murphies
Hi
not sure if any of you still look at this thread - im coming over (perth and surrounding areas) in sept 05 and want to open a salon (have one in the UK) and id love to hear about the good bad and ugly of hairdressing in Aus
How easy is it to find good hairdressers now ? any better than when Liza posted in 2003 ?
What products are best ?
Have hair extns taken off yet (thats what i speachialise in) :scared:
etc etc etc
Cheers

British Hairdressers are seen as some of the best you can get,if you employ british just make sure you have products they used in the u.k. i.e. Wella and L'oreal seem to be the main ones.
I'm British,in the process of emmigrating to Perth,hoping to be there next year.I'm 20 years down the road now in the industry, and an all rounder,covering everything apart from hair extensions.I have spent most of my time doing cutting,colouring and bridal work.
The colours i've spent most time with are Wella's Koleston and my biggest concern is finding a job with these products,because as you know we are confident in the familiar.

I think Swartzkoff(forgive spelling) are the main colours in Oz.
I was speaking to a guy at Maurice Meade in Whitfords,northern suburbs a few weeks ago,this company has a chain of salons and a training academy which is what i'm interested in,they only do the hi-lift blonde range in Wella,Why? the whole range is great!,why restrict the colour choice.

Anyway,my point is,set up something that has british 'home comforts' when it comes to what products you use ,cos then we can apply,get on with what we've done for years and continue to produce excellent work.!!
Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

no confirmation that they have recieved paper work yet but only sent off on the 30.03...paid by cc so should see when card is debited...we didnt book the meds as i thought it might be taking the piss...by that i mean what if you dont get asked to get meds done??...ok to all the others police checks done in the past for other jobs..ok there..fit a well...think so..so might go ahead and book meds

Steve,did you use an agent?
Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Steve,did you use an agent?
Lynn
Hi lynn no we didnt, the reason being that i got so much help/information from this site.i guessed we could do it alone :scared: but lookinging back on it,it didnt seam that bad...easy to say now
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi lynn no we didnt, the reason being that i got so much help/information from this site.i guessed we could do it alone :scared: but lookinging back on it,it didnt seam that bad...easy to say now

Wow,your an inspiration on what we are capable of...i'm with an agent and i'm not sure where we are at,sent papers off for tra in jan,haven't heard anything,don't even know if they have lodged it yet....maybe i'm in a queue,
Humanity are good at creating queues!........

Last edited by lynnbrooks; Apr 6th 2005 at 10:07 am.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
Wow,your an inspiration on what we are capable of...i'm with an agent and i'm not sure where we are at,sent papers off for tra in jan,haven't heard anything,don't even know if they have lodged it yet....maybe i'm in a queue,
Humanity are good at creating queues!........
I would chase your agent look at our timeline...sent paper work to TRA...we had confirmation from TRA that they started the clock on the 7th feb and answer back 23rd March...so your agent must have this information...after looking at the threats here i just throught the agents were a waist of money...just my view,i'm sure there are fantastic agents out there,but they only check the work you put in,and you pay them to keep you informed
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

I would chase your agent look at our timeline...sent paper work to TRA...we had confirmation from TRA that they started the clock on the 7th feb and answer back 23rd March...so your agent must have this information...after looking at the threats here i just throught the agents were a waist of money...just my view,i'm sure there are fantastic agents out there,but they only check the work you put in,and you pay them to keep you informed

I think you have a point,I'm bit too soft I think to be a nag,anyway i'm away to the land of nod,checkout the message i sent with the karma on your way!
Cheers,Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Any good in 3 years time ?? ...lol

Myself and partner are BOTH considering coming to Oz to study Hairdressing at the Brisbane school of Hairdressing. Will probably start our courses at the start of 2006.

Can any of you ole pro's tell me if possible, is this 'pivot Point' as good as the schools tell you it is? and any tips in general will be MOST appreciated.

Thanks in advance
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii c !
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Question Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Originally Posted by Jim2004
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii c !

What do you mean by 'pivot point'?
Lynn
Old Apr 6th 2005, 8:30 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

shocked us as well...yes we did send it 'Priority Assessment'
Thanks for that, we may do the same now. I have seen a lot of people on here paying for the Priority Assessment only for it still to take 3 months or longer but yours seems to have been done as we would expect for the extra dosh.

Also...

After reading this twice I am sure you meant to write 'threads' on here. Or did you mean 'threats'?

I can understand how people get frustrated but threatening people ! ! !

R.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carruss
Thanks for that, we may do the same now. I have seen a lot of people on here paying for the Priority Assessment only for it still to take 3 months or longer but yours seems to have been done as we would expect for the extra dosh.

Also...

After reading this twice I am sure you meant to write 'threads' on here. Or did you mean 'threats'?

I can understand how people get frustrated but threatening people ! ! !

R.
Yes threads was what i mean't but i was typing at about midnight...sorry we must remain calm though this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.