Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough
Default Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Pleeeeeeze,
Any hairdressers coming to Brisbane and looking for work, contact me.
I have a lovely upmarket salon in an inner northern suburb of Brisbane and am in dire need of a senior stylist.
We have a serious shortage of hairdressers here so if you are a qualified hairdesser and are thinking of coming to Australia, you would have no problem finding work.
I am from East London 20 yrs ago and love it here but the work ethic of young aussies leave a lot to be desired .
Good luck to everyone applying to emigrate, it isn't easy but it's what you make it.
One word of advise.......don't keep comparing things to England, you are on
the other side of the world and things are different here. Just accept the differences and get on with your new life.
Lisaxxx
Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Hi Lisa,my names Andrew.Thought id touch base with you.Im coming over Sept.16th but to Melbourne to HOPEFULLY be sponsored by Toni and Guy with whom ive worked in London. Theyll put in the application after meeting me and me doing some models.HOWEVER if things turn sour and if youre interested i could well be the person your looking for. Im 40,trained at Sassoons,London(3 yr apprenticeship) and been in the trade 18 yrs. Id like to keep in touch with you and want to make friends with people all over the place. I was really glad to read your posting. My e.mail address is [email protected] Ta a bunch.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

lizzel is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Nail Technicians? I have finished my training now and was wanting to either start my own or get trade in a Hair Dressers. I havent been to Oz for a couple of years, but when I was there it was not really that popular. We are wanting to move to Brisbane later this year, but it would depend on what the demand is like for the trade.
Any input would be gratefully received.

Liz.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lizzel
Yes, Nail Techs are wanted in all the salons. They normally rent the space, so it's like having your own business with a ready made clientele. I have been looking for a nail tech for ages, but have given up because a lot of people work from home. In your case however, because you won't have a clientele, this would be a better option. If you are interested , let me know.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Andrew, You'd hate Melbourne ,too cold No it's a great city, just too cold for me
[Yes please keep in touch].
My 3rd year apprentice started off with Toni and Guy in Sydney but found the hours too long and too intense. They don't make them tough anymore
I trained with Stephen Way in Bond Street 1976 :scared: Time flies when you are having fun.
All the best with the move.

Last edited by lisaxxx; Aug 13th 2004 at 9:08 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Desperately seeking hairdressers!!!

Hi Lisa, I am a second year Hairdresser in uk I would like to know if I was to write to you in the year 2005 when I Qualify will I be accepted quicker into Oz and do I still need the work experience even if I have the promise of a job over there.

Thanks Lacey21
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:32 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Im an expert with the clippers :scared:
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:33 pm
I don't do spelling

Murphies is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lisaxxx
Pleeeeeeze,
Any hairdressers coming to Brisbane and looking for work, contact me.
I have a lovely upmarket salon in an inner northern suburb of Brisbane and am in dire need of a senior stylist.
We have a serious shortage of hairdressers here so if you are a qualified hairdesser and are thinking of coming to Australia, you would have no problem finding work.
I am from East London 20 yrs ago and love it here but the work ethic of young aussies leave a lot to be desired .
Good luck to everyone applying to emigrate, it isn't easy but it's what you make it.
One word of advise.......don't keep comparing things to England, you are on
the other side of the world and things are different here. Just accept the differences and get on with your new life.
Lisaxxx

Hi
not sure if any of you still look at this thread - im coming over (perth and surrounding areas) in sept 05 and want to open a salon (have one in the UK) and id love to hear about the good bad and ugly of hairdressing in Aus
How easy is it to find good hairdressers now ? any better than when Liza posted in 2003 ?
What products are best ?
Have hair extns taken off yet (thats what i speachialise in) :scared:
etc etc etc
Cheers
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:52 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Murphies
Hi
not sure if any of you still look at this thread - im coming over (perth and surrounding areas) in sept 05 and want to open a salon (have one in the UK) and id love to hear about the good bad and ugly of hairdressing in Aus
How easy is it to find good hairdressers now ? any better than when Liza posted in 2003 ?
What products are best ?
Have hair extns taken off yet (thats what i speachialise in) :scared:
etc etc etc
Cheers
there was on a site I was looking at a hair ext salon for sale in perth area (Could have been fremantle) So I say I guess yes as they only seemed to be doing that, not just anormal hairdressers
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:56 pm
I don't do spelling

Murphies is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by peppi
there was on a site I was looking at a hair ext salon for sale in perth area (Could have been fremantle) So I say I guess yes as they only seemed to be doing that, not just anormal hairdressers
Hi
thansk for that
i was over there in oct last year and there dint seem to be much extns about- am a bit concernd at all of the horror stories about bad hairdressing over there and not being able to find good stylists
how far are you into your application ?
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Were looking at going to Perth...sooner the better really...also for us its good news that you are short of hairdressers.
does anybody know if this "shortage" would have any effect on the way dimia process your applications...would they say "fastrack" applications for skills they are really short of...if so does anybody have a ruff idea how long things are taking...ie fromsending forms in to meds and so on
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:17 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Murphies
Hi
thansk for that
i was over there in oct last year and there dint seem to be much extns about- am a bit concernd at all of the horror stories about bad hairdressing over there and not being able to find good stylists
how far are you into your application ?

Got my Visa...trying to sell the house...would love to be leaving end july/august time...Im a nail tech and looking to buy some sort of salon maybe,if I cant get chair to rent.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:22 pm
Moomin member

Originally Posted by Steve2438
Were looking at going to Perth...sooner the better really...also for us its good news that you are short of hairdressers.
does anybody know if this "shortage" would have any effect on the way dimia process your applications...would they say "fastrack" applications for skills they are really short of...if so does anybody have a ruff idea how long things are taking...ie fromsending forms in to meds and so on

My mate I have been researching things for Is a hair dresser. Hairdressing is on the MODL list...so yes you get proceesed quicker than the norm,but the norm has speeded up alot since last July changes also. You get an extra 10 points for being on this list,which is good news...dependant on ya age it can save you having to stump up the bond to get in. You still have to do the TRA bit...which isnt fasttrack(but dont quote me on that...at least i dont think it is unless you pay more dosh) but after that you should be looking at 3 to no more than 6 months...again dont quote me on it though but roughly
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by peppi
My mate I have been researching things for Is a hair dresser. Hairdressing is on the MODL list...so yes you get proceesed quicker than the norm,but the norm has speeded up alot since last July changes also. You get an extra 10 points for being on this list,which is good news...dependant on ya age it can save you having to stump up the bond to get in. You still have to do the TRA bit...which isnt fasttrack(but dont quote me on that...at least i dont think it is unless you pay more dosh) but after that you should be looking at 3 to no more than 6 months...again dont quote me on it though but roughly
thanks Peppi,my wife has passed the TRA and we have sent off the main forms to dimia,just wondering how long things are talking as we were thinking of booking the meds to coinside with the requests to get them done ...if we get requested that is
Old Apr 6th 2005, 5:53 pm
Moomin member

Originally Posted by Steve2438
thanks Peppi,my wife has passed the TRA and we have sent off the main forms to dimia,just wondering how long things are talking as we were thinking of booking the meds to coinside with the requests to get them done ...if we get requested that is
In that case Im surprised you didnt send the meds etc altogether with the application (as a lot of people seem to be doing noW) Have you had confirmation of receipt of application yet...they seem to come back well quick nowadays...I'd be very surprised if in 6 months time it isnt all done and dusted...If I were you Id book the meds and get the police checks in order...I have seen MODL apps submitted with meds etc back in 3 months...but then you are talking to a non MODL "old timer" pre July of last year, whos entire application took 2 years start to end....If you pass the TRA and have no major traumas with police and are basically fit and well you have not alot to worry about...TRA's the worse bit....and thats job done from what you are saying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.