Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

desperate to sell and move back

desperate to sell and move back

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 3:01 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default desperate to sell and move back

Hi just a question we have put our 3 bed house up for sale in maroochydore and are hoping to move back to the uk asap, wat is a realistic time frame for selling houses these days as ive never sold before, and how easy is it for me to leave it in the hands of the real estate so we can go sooner, thanks for any replies
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:21 am
FHI
Forum Regular

FHI is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: desperate to sell and move back

I'm sure you have thought about asking a a few local real estate agents regarding how long it takes and you could always go and visit similar properties to yours that are for sale and comparre how they look, what price they are going for and how long they have been on the market.

In terms of leaving it with a local estate agent avoid this option if at all possible. Many of them are happy just to see a house sold and are less concerned about the price that you think. When we were selling our house the real estate agent wanted us to drop the price by $20k to get a sale. However, whilst we were set to lose that $20k all he was going to lose was $400 in commission. So try to hang on till you get it sold yourself.

How come you are leaving? I thought Maroochydore looked great when i visted - spent a few good nights in the surf club.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 8:25 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: desperate to sell and move back

Thanks, ive been told by our real estate guy who is a pom himself that we have got it on at a good price and as its in a first home buyers range it should sell pretty fast, but i never know who to believe lol, maroochydore is lovely but we are very homesick and have another bub on the way so would like to go home