Reload this Page >

desperate mother of two looking to make friends in Sydney

desperate mother of two looking to make friends in Sydney

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

marniemoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face desperate mother of two looking to make friends in Sydney

Hello all,
I've just moved over here to Sydney and need friends fast!!!
I have two children, three months and 15 months. Id loe to get together with other mums for a coffee or martini!!!
get in touch.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: desperate mother of two looking to make friends in Sydney

copied from Castle Hill RSL thread.....

First of all - welcome! It can be daunting at first, but it does become more manageable, especially if you can make a few friends - which is what BE is for!!

I know of two general meets, to which everybody is welcome -

Because the two meets overlap, sometimes only a few (or no-one) are/is at CHRSL when FTC is on. Keep an eye on the threads so you know who's going where!

Some of us also organise park outings and stuff on other days, but we can clue you in on those as they come up.

Please feel free to PM me if I can help with anything else, or if you just need a chat!

- holmes

P.S. there are a couple of us with boys 14-17months
      Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:19 pm
      BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marniemoo
      Hello all,
      I have two children, three months and 15 months. Id loe to get together with other mums for a coffee or martini!!!
      get in touch.
      Wish you were in Adelaide, I've got two the same ages
      Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:55 am
      Just Joined

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
      Wish you were in Adelaide, I've got two the same ages
      Bugger!!!!
      How had is it with two?!?!?!?!
      I'm pulling my hair out. Nearly started the fags again after nearly 8 years of giving up.
      Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:38 am
      Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Bugger!!!!
      How had is it with two?!?!?!?!
      I'm pulling my hair out. Nearly started the fags again after nearly 8 years of giving up.
      hiya welcome and like previous poster said you are more than welcome to join us at the RSL on a Tuesday i will be there with my 4 yr old. Whereabouts are you living at the moment????

poshrice
      Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:44 am
      Forum Regular

happy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshrice
      hiya welcome and like previous poster said you are more than welcome to join us at the RSL on a Tuesday i will be there with my 4 yr old. Whereabouts are you living at the moment????

poshrice
      Hi there, am moving to sydney in the next few weeks with OH's job, unsure where at the mo, though he will be based at Botany Bay so we are thinking Brighton le sands or up on the east side at Randwick, but am also going to need friends too!! I am a full time mum with a son aged 4 and a daughter, aged 2, will keep an eye out on this thread!!! Thx, ann
      Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:53 am
      Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by happy4
      Hi there, am moving to sydney in the next few weeks with OH's job, unsure where at the mo, though he will be based at Botany Bay so we are thinking Brighton le sands or up on the east side at Randwick, but am also going to need friends too!! I am a full time mum with a son aged 4 and a daughter, aged 2, will keep an eye out on this thread!!! Thx, ann
      You will be quite a way from me i am more western sydney/hills district but a a fellow brummie although spent my last 7 years in the UK in Wasall where are you guys coming from.

Poshrice
      Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:14 pm
      Forum Regular

happy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond reputehappy4 has a reputation beyond repute

You will be quite a way from me i am more western sydney/hills district but a a fellow brummie although spent my last 7 years in the UK in Wasall where are you guys coming from.

Poshrice

We are from Kings Heath, Moseley, hello to you! ann
      Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:26 am
      Just Joined

poshrice
      where abouts do you meet? I live inner west in St. Peters
      marnie
      Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:31 am
      Tired but Happy

marnie
      Hi we meet in the hills district so we might be a bit far out from you but keep on checking as they quite often have meet ups at some beach locations.

poshrice
      Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:15 pm
      Just Joined

Nevis is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there ever any Dads at these things. i will be working and my OH will be looking after the kids and he is worried that it will be all Mums! Is this the case?? Thanks
      Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:55 am
      Forum Regular

holmes will become famous soon enough

It is usually all mums in term-time, but it shouldn't worry him - we're very nice! At least come and see.......
      Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:01 am
      Just Joined

joconnolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happy4
      Hi ann, we live in Little Bay (just on Botany Bay) so if you would like to meet up let me know. I have a 3year old girl and run a playgroup in maroubra so I can take you along and introduce you to the area. Jo

Last edited by joconnolly; Feb 20th 2008 at 10:04 am.
      Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:03 am
      Just Joined

joconnolly is an unknown quantity at this point

marnie
      Hi Marnie, I live in Little Bay but work in Enmore. if you'd like to meet up let me know. I have a 3 year old girl. Jo
      Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:33 am
      BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,
      get in touch.
      Hi, We are having a long overdue family meet up at Clontarf beach this Sunday March 2nd 12 -4. Look for two little blond lads aged 10 and a aussie flag.
      Hope you can make it.