Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Desperate 'Desperate Housewives'

Desperate 'Desperate Housewives'

Old Jul 25th 2005, 1:57 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Desperate 'Desperate Housewives'

OMG Has anyone else been trying to refrain from throwing bricks at their telly tonight with the crap that was on instead of an episode of Desperate Housewives. Someone needs to shoot the Channel 7 controller. I WANT A PROPER TV programme, not some excuse for one.

AAAARARRRRRRRGH

Right, I'm fine now.

Thanks for listening.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Desperate 'Desperate Housewives'

Originally Posted by webgum
OMG Has anyone else been trying to refrain from throwing bricks at their telly tonight with the crap that was on instead of an episode of Desperate Housewives. Someone needs to shoot the Channel 7 controller. I WANT A PROPER TV programme, not some excuse for one.

AAAARARRRRRRRGH

Right, I'm fine now.

Thanks for listening.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting to the point of not watching anything on Channel 7. The ad breaks kill any storyline and interest in anything that you are watching that's if you can find something worth watching in the first place. When you do find something to watch they reschedule it without any warning or it disappears without altogether.

Hubbie had pre warned me that they are trying to spin out the last few episodes of Desperate Housewives until the end of August, there are only a few left to got. Argh

Never mind I bet you will be able to watch "dancing with the stars" in all its glory soon.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:27 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LindyLoo
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never mind I bet you will be able to watch "dancing with the stars" in all its glory soon.

oooooo, I can't wait. Got my hair scraped back into unflattering bun, with the bonus of giving me a free face lift, in anticipation of this just fabulous programme.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Don't get me started on Channel 7...they did the same thing with "Lost" (not that it bothered me that much..) but they mustn't think much of the intelligence of their viewers if they think we need to recap every series they run. Then again, the way they shove another show in the same time slot like putting '24' in place of DH a couple of weeks ago, perhaps it's a good thing. They absolutely destroyed "Arrested Development" which left us with no choice but to buy the DVD set (it was worth it) but not at least 'the comedy channel' has the good sense to run it properly.

In this day and age, where you can download an entire series, it baffles me why Australian networks have such little respect for it's viewers.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad it wasn't just me then . I was spitting feathers when those two idiots came on last night and started spouting their drivel. Who are they anyway ? That blonde needs locking away in a dark cupboard. Luckily, Pam and I were stuffing envelopes for a mailshot I am doing, so we just tuned out and waited for 24 to come on.
On the theme of lack of respect for viewers, what about the advertising, both TV & Radio :scared: . It is total and utter sh!te, they treat everyone like 5 year olds. I am looking forward to some warmer weather and slightly longer nights so that we aren't stuck in front of the idiot box. I can feel it emptying my mind
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by LindyLoo
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Desperate Housewives

That's why you should watch Channel 10!! You get Neighbours and BB!
And you slag me for my love of BB!!! At least they're 'real people'!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:46 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Earthlings watch that stuff? Thought it was SETI inspired deep space alien repellent.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:49 pm
ABCDiamond

AAAARARRRRRRRGH

Right, I'm fine now.

Thanks for listening.
Thanks for the info. I recorded it last night, so I can now just delete it without watching

Or, was any bit worth looking at ?

Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:03 am
kneading my cushion

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Thanks for the info. I recorded it last night, so I can now just delete it without watching

Or, was any bit worth looking at ?
Seriously nothing worth watching, no insights, no indepth interviews, just two unbelieveably annoying presenters (hence the need for bricks). I have not seen so much drivel for a long long time. God only knows why I didn't turn off. Some awful hypnotic effect of awfulness. Delete, delete, delete.!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

You should all come on Desperate Expats instead
Old Jul 26th 2005, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Think it was Channel 7, that when they axed Let Loose Live (fair enough), the Billy Connolly's World Tour of New Zealand, which followed LLL went with it, which I was really enjoying! Think I'll have to get the DVD.

Also why don't Ch7 give Dr Harry his own programme. He's brill.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by logan
That's why you should watch Channel 10!! You get Neighbours and BB!
And you slag me for my love of BB!!! At least they're 'real people'!!!!
And Australian Idol starts tonight after BB There could be some arguments with the hubby because it's at the same time as "Border Security" and "Frasier", can't see me winning this battle
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:42 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Desperate 'Desperate Housewives'

Originally Posted by Shellfish
And Australian Idol starts tonight after BB There could be some arguments with the hubby because it's at the same time as "Border Security" and "Frasier", can't see me winning this battle
Whats your vote..?
I would opt for "Border Security"
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:48 am
kneading my cushion

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Whats your vote..?
I would opt for "Border Security"
LOL
I go with Border Security. Saw a trailer last night. Showed a british guy ranting about being stopped and he was yelling 'shame Australia shame'. Does any one remember that being Darren Hynch (sp) catch phrase in the early nineties?
... well made me smile as it became a catch phrase in our house for ever more changing 'Australia' with what ever we were upset with at the time.

Do I need to get out more?
Old Jul 26th 2005, 3:51 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice

LOL
I go with Border Security. Saw a trailer last night. Showed a british guy ranting about being stopped and he was yelling 'shame Australia shame'. Does any one remember that being Darren Hynch (sp) catch phrase in the early nineties?
Is it? I was not aware..!
But really that British Guy Ranting caught my attention and I thought I should see that serial ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.