Desolate..

Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:00 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Desolate..

In shock so if this sounds incoherent, I apologise.

After too-ing and fro-ing with Go Matilda (Glenn Newton) for months we've just been told that our TRA application for Electrical and Electronic Technician is going to be, let me say, dodgy. The email was via Alan, not Glenn.

Initially, after a consultation, we were given details of fees etc for. ACS fees for an RPL assessment. Due to confusion (on both parts) we did an RPL document (well over 300 pages long), sent if off to Glenn. He looked at it but without us progressing further, we needed to pay the second stage fee. In the meantime we were advised that the RPL needed more work done on it. We did this only to find out that we were not meant to be doing an RPL but a TRA. He never flagged down that we were doing the wrong thing when he received our RPL. It wasn't until we'd paid the 2nd stage that it became 'apparent'.

So, we did a TRA. We voiced our concerns to helen o'hare (who has now left) that the TRA relies heavily on references/statements from companies which, due to the fact that all the companies MrDD worked are no longer trading, we were confused as to why we were going down the TRA route... she said that we should have faith in Glenn as he knows what he's doing.

We sent off our draft TRA to Glenn last week and got a reply from Alan today.

He's also now saying that an RPL is going to be dodgy too.

Our options:

1.. Finalise and submit a TRA application which we can do relatively quickly, but with some doubts about outcome,

OR

2. Switch to an ACS RPL application, but also with some concerns as to outcome (additional fees payable to GM),

OR

3. Try TRA and then try an ACS RPL application if TRA fails (additional fees payable to GM of GBP600 plus VAT - plus the ACS fee - because we would be preparing a new ACS application if the TRA application was unsuccessful)

W T F

I've got to get off here for now...I'm so gutted I can't even concentrate or focus properly. Not sure how long it will be before I come back. Rang MrDD and he's just incandescent.

Some of you know the sad tale of our GM exploits, this just puts the tin hat on it.

I can't believe that our dream may be over.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:04 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desolate..

Your dream isnt over, it seems everyone has to go through at least on hiccup along the way (ours was failing TRA 1st time round) but it WILL happen!

Sent you an email x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:05 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream

After too-ing and fro-ing with Go Matilda (Glenn Newton) for months we've just been told that our TRA application for Electrical and Electronic Technician is going to be, let me say, dodgy. The email was via Alan, not Glenn.

Initially, after a consultation, we were given details of fees etc for. ACS fees for an RPL assessment. Due to confusion (on both parts) we did an RPL document (well over 300 pages long), sent if off to Glenn. He looked at it but without us progressing further, we needed to pay the second stage fee. In the meantime we were advised that the RPL needed more work done on it. We did this only to find out that we were not meant to be doing an RPL but a TRA. He never flagged down that we were doing the wrong thing when he received our RPL. It wasn't until we'd paid the 2nd stage that it became 'apparent'.

So, we did a TRA. We voiced our concerns to helen o'hare (who has now left) that the TRA relies heavily on references/statements from companies which, due to the fact that all the companies MrDD worked are no longer trading, we were confused as to why we were going down the TRA route... she said that we should have faith in Glenn as he knows what he's doing.

Our options:

1.. Finalise and submit a TRA application which we can do relatively quickly, but with some doubts about outcome,

OR

2. Switch to an ACS RPL application, but also with some concerns as to outcome (additional fees payable to GM),

OR

3. Try TRA and then try an ACS RPL application if TRA fails (additional fees payable to GM of GBP600 plus VAT - plus the ACS fee - because we would be preparing a new ACS application if the TRA application was unsuccessful)

W T F

I've got to get off here for now...I'm so gutted I can't even concentrate or focus properly. Not sure how long it will be before I come back. Rang MrDD and he's just incandescent.

Some of you know the sad tale of our GM exploits, this just puts the tin hat on it.

Awww SHIT DOLLY !!!!!
Thats devastating.

I reall feel forya, and many on here HAVE had similar goins on with friggin agents.

Sending you some KARMA
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:06 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Oh Val, don't know what to say,
you don't seem to have much luck with agents do you chick.
First off don't panic, and don't make any decisions until you have got your head straight !
I'm sure things will work out although they seem bleak at the moment.
Try to keep your chin up
Carole x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Our options:

OR

OR

W T F

So sorry to hear that ,please keep your chin up and you will get through it.sending some much needed k.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:09 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Your dream isnt over, it seems everyone has to go through at least on hiccup along the way (ours was failing TRA 1st time round) but it WILL happen!

Sent you an email x
We failed our TRA 1st time round, due as we found out, to me not countersigning each and every page.

We then sent second version off, and royal mail lost it in the post.

Then dimia changed points system.

2 agents told us, skills was not the route to go down, and kept f**kin harpin on about City n Guilds crap.

FFS dont they realise C&G is shite, MOST of the time, and surely bears no weight against EXPERIENCE and a full apprenticeship.

I sincerely think, that some agents, HAVE and DO think with their wallets, and prey on desperate and trusting folk
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:11 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Our options:

OR

OR

W T F

Oh Val I cant find words have pm'd you
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:15 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to hear this and hope it all works out for you
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:21 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

DD

DO NOT GIVE UP! Have sent you some k - hope its not blank.

Suzy xx
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

awwwwwwwwww DD sorry to hear this,i know you ve had plenty of trouble already dont give up,our thoughts are with you

karma on its way,tracey
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:24 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

keep the faith!

Call me of you want to chat hunny you know the number!
Old Sep 8th 2005, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Our options:

OR

OR

W T F

Got everything crossed for you Dolly....dont give up hope. Situations DO turn themselves around especially when we want something badly enough. Where theres a will and all that.
Sending you karma.
Rachelxx
Old Sep 8th 2005, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Our options:

OR

OR

W T F

I must admit that I don't know the ins and outs of what's happened with you and Go Matilda but would it be worth getting a 2nd opinion from another agent as to your options? I appreciate that you've probably spent a lot of money already though
Old Sep 8th 2005, 9:53 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Val, you hang on in there & dont give up,your head must be up yer butt at the moment im sorry to hear your news,youve had a fair trot of it lately,easy to say i know but we came out the other side of it all & i just know you will too.

Thinking of you x

Donna.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:09 am
Professional Princess

Dolly, your dream is not over at all.

When we first submitted our (in hindsight, appallingly filled in) DATA sheets to Glen Newton, we had a very blunt reply that our chances were slim.

Which I suppose made us drag out doing our TRA because we didnt want to fail if you know what I mean.

Then through the help and support of people from this site, we managed to over the year, re-do our employer statements until they somewhat resembled a small Thesis with the evidence and contacting employers yet again etc.

Now Glen Newton can come across as scary, whether or not he is aware of it and I dare not in the past, contact him and kept plugging away and helping Abdel get evidence.

Taking a step back, I realised that Glen as strict as he comes across (sorry Glen, but I can visualise you in my stories smacking the bottoms of many ), he also oversees hundreds of skills assessments and that is just his way.

It was only a catalogue of incidents in my life toughened me up and made me think that 'Bollocks, Im not scared of anyone', that my attitude changed.

And I decided that the dream is over when I say so and not anyone else.

So Glen left GM and I contacted him and asked him if he was still doing our skills assessment and he said he was.

Now the statements are with the employers as we speak although one hormonally challenged, dried up employer holds the cards.

So we have gone from Abdel unable to prove a large part of his life as half the people in his country have been killed in civil war, he is even daring to go to the country concerned to see his dying mum, against foreign office advice.

And when he comes back (Please let that be safe and alive), we will get the Stat Decs done.

Because like you, Abdel cant prove an employer as they died and the business was sold on.

And then he has to sit the IELTS test, for which he is studying now.

What I would suggest is you contact Glen and talk to him, because whilst he comes across as 'chief bottom smacker' in my imagination, he does know his stuff.

Contact Companies House and get evidence of the employers that are no longer trading.

Get payslips, P45 if you can ANYTHING at all.

Contact Alan and discuss with him your problems and complaints and concerns over monies paid.

List an action plan of what you have to do.

But remember Dolly, the dream is not over until YOU say it is and whilst you still see it as a dream, then it is still attainable.

Abdel and I have gone through a range of emotions and have had more than our fair shair of bad luck, and you know what? John Howard is still calling us.

You know what you have to do.

Love Samantha and Abdel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.