Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Derby, Nottingham meet up Saturday 24th september

Derby, Nottingham meet up Saturday 24th september

Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:54 pm
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Derby, Nottingham meet up Saturday 24th september

Hi guys, We are trying to arrange a meet up for anyone going to oz. We have our visa and are trying to get work, then were off. So come along and say hi. we are meeting up at the Plank and Leggit pub in Long Eaton. Food and a play gym for the kids. thanks si and the gang
Old Sep 7th 2011, 12:31 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Derby, Nottingham meet up Saturday 24th september

Ashbourne lad here. Anyone comes to Sydney please get in touch!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 5:46 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Ashbourne lad here. Anyone comes to Sydney please get in touch!
Hi there, Just down the road from us in Belper. I take it your abroad now.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 3:32 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toddsim
Hi there, Just down the road from us in Belper. I take it your abroad now.
Been away for a long time now. Not been back for 20+ years.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 2:47 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

we went on the meets over 5 yrs ago now! orginally from Ilkeston
good luck to you guys
Old Sep 15th 2011, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

msbds is on a distinguished road

Hi there, got our visas couple of weeks ago so it'll be good to meet others in the same boat! We're close to Middlesbrough but doesn't look like there's any meet ups in this area so we're gonna try make it to Nottingham - have you had much response??? Got two teens who don't want to make the journey to Oz with us so I'm hoping meeting up with others will help change their minds, a long shot, I know. Look forward to meeting you all, Sharon
Old Sep 15th 2011, 6:00 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by msbds
Hi there, got our visas couple of weeks ago so it'll be good to meet others in the same boat! We're close to Middlesbrough but doesn't look like there's any meet ups in this area so we're gonna try make it to Nottingham - have you had much response??? Got two teens who don't want to make the journey to Oz with us so I'm hoping meeting up with others will help change their minds, a long shot, I know. Look forward to meeting you all, Sharon

Hi Sharon

thanks for the reply, congrats on getting ya visa! We havn't had any response at all. A little suprised really. If would like to meet that would be great still, we have a 15yr old who changing his mind like the weather so we can relate. Hopefully there may be some more people by then ( fingers crossed). i'll PM you my mobile.... Cheers Si
Old Sep 15th 2011, 6:02 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by SalSa
we went on the meets over 5 yrs ago now! orginally from Ilkeston
good luck to you guys

Hi Salsa

Thanks for the reply. Soon as I get a job out there were off. Gotta do the meets adds to the fun!
Old Sep 15th 2011, 11:14 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by toddsim
Hi Salsa

Thanks for the reply. Soon as I get a job out there were off. Gotta do the meets adds to the fun!
and the excitement! we met some great people who we are still in touch with!
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:11 pm
simon and clare

One last push for anyone in the midlands or anywhere else for the meet-up next saturday,all welcome. Don't be shy and come along and have some fun.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

iddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Hope the meet up went well. We attendeed one a couple of years ago. We moved out from Nottingham to brisbane 2 years ago. Will be back in the UK this christmas for a visit and will be passing through. If anyone wants to meet up and hear the reality of moving out for the price of a few pints of real ale I'd be more than happy to share my experiences.

Cheers

Adrian