Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Derby Night out??

Derby Night out??

Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:49 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Re: Derby Night out??

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Sound like a person after my own heart about food . Where are you coming from?
Hiya we are coming from walsall so not too far for us
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Okay what I was thinking was to start off somewhere we can all sit down and eat, Mairi seems to think there is a restaurant place near the Standing Order...do you know fo this place Bubbles?

Anyway after stuffing our faces (and drinking) we can then move onto the 'Standing Order' for nice cheap beer (by which time is should not be heaving so bad as it is at the start of the night!). Then maybe go over to the 'Walkabout' for some more drink...then its up to you guys, there are plenty of late night pubs for more drinking...or there are numerous clubs (some more dodgy than others) if anyone would prefer a boogie.

What do you think?
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Okay what I was thinking was to start off somewhere we can all sit down and eat, Mairi seems to think there is a restaurant place near the Standing Order...do you know fo this place Bubbles?

Anyway after stuffing our faces (and drinking) we can then move onto the 'Standing Order' for nice cheap beer (by which time is should not be heaving so bad as it is at the start of the night!). Then maybe go over to the 'Walkabout' for some more drink...then its up to you guys, there are plenty of late night pubs for more drinking...or there are numerous clubs (some more dodgy than others) if anyone would prefer a boogie.

What do you think?
there are a couple of restuarants just there have only been to pizza ones, just a thought walkabout stays open till late and usually has a band and there is a dance floor so may not want to go any where else - free to get in!!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:49 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bubbles
there are a couple of restuarants just there have only been to pizza ones, just a thought walkabout stays open till late and usually has a band and there is a dance floor so may not want to go any where else - free to get in!!
Sounds good to me!
I'll get me dancing shoes ready! :scared:
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:36 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Originally Posted by SalSa
Sounds good to me!
I'll get me dancing shoes ready! :scared:
Just what I was thinking

Michelle
Old Apr 12th 2005, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Mairi seems to think its called 'The Island' will consult the rampant alchoholics in our IT department to find out. Sounds a good idea about the Walkabout..kinda a fitting place really all things considered.

Steve
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Mairi seems to think its called 'The Island' will consult the rampant alchoholics in our IT department to find out. Sounds a good idea about the Walkabout..kinda a fitting place really all things considered.

Steve
For those that don't know walkabout is oz themed. Sells vb and tetley!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:46 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that info. I didn't know having not been to Derby drinking since i was a wee lass. (No offence Mairi!)
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:52 pm
Love it here!

Sorry..... what's vb?????
Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SalSa
Sorry..... what's vb?????
sells victoria bitter (vb) and tooheys (not tetley) too tired to think
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:21 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

sells victoria bitter (vb) and tooheys (not tetley) too tired to think
I like the sound of that. Should be fun!

Michelle
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

tetley make tea bags....make tea
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Steve
The Island is on the corner of Iron Gate, not the greatest places I have to admit but OK for a swift half . If its food you're after I don't think they do any on Saturday nights. And even if they did it would be an experience :scared:
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by longreach
The Island is on the corner of Iron Gate, not the greatest places I have to admit but OK for a swift half . If its food you're after I don't think they do any on Saturday nights. And even if they did it would be an experience :scared:
Perhaps fat cats on friar gate is a better food place
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perhaps fat cats on friar gate is a better food place
Ok will look at Fat Cats availability and will give them a very approximate number of people, not promising anything though as previous experience of trying to book Fat Cats on a Saturday has been a nightmare (even months in advance).

Will keep you all posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.