depression

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Question depression

does anybody no if when you have your medicals that they can refuse you because of depression thanks paula
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:25 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: depression

Originally Posted by tony s
does anybody no if when you have your medicals that they can refuse you because of depression thanks paula

Hi Paula,

I've not heard of a visa being refused due to depression, but certainly if you declare it on the medical form, expect the GP to ask you about it. They will probably write to your GP to ask them to provide further details about treatment, how you responded, etc etc.

I suffered a fairly severe bout of depression a few years ago and I was on anti-d's for about two years - I declared it on the form and had to get the letter from my GP, but no further info was requested by DIMIA and our visa was granted without problem.

I also know of another person who has suffered severe depression for much of their life, has been hospitalised for it and has to take medication to control it. Again, their GP had to provide information, but there was no issue with the visa.

Hope this reassures you - I know how worried I was before my med, so PM me if you want anymore info.

Rgds,

Nicky
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:21 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

l think they are more concerned with medical conditions that cost the taxpayers lots of money to treat and puts a strain on the health service, depression does'nt cost much to treat. Unless its really severe , l don't think it would matter, but thats just my opinion l'm not an expert.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Aug 23rd 2006 at 10:23 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

There were no problems with my medicals for emigration and at the time I had been off work for 3 months with depression and anxiety.

i declared it on the forms and my doctor was never asked for any information.

Good luck

mags