Depressing

Old Aug 21st 2002, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Depressing

I find its become very maudlin on the forum lately and not very constructive either.
Why people want to come on here and just post a lecture on why their Country is so awful I cant see the point.
We are all adults and know that its not going to be 'perfect'
I live on a wonderful little island and most people would think I am mad for leaving, its beautiful, safe etc etc loads of work, work coming out of our ears, they are begging people to come and take the jobs.
But all that said, if I drive 10 miles I drive off the end of the Island. You try thinking of something to do on the umpteenth rainy sunday, and one bedroom flats sell for £200,00 plus. I love my home,Jersey I really do, but its a big wide world out there so I reckon, why not give it a go, too long in your bloody box I reckon.
So hey lighten up everyone, we all used to have such a laugh, I know there are a few people on here who try to keep the tempo up but its getting like i'm scared to log on just incase I see something I don't like.
Off in less than 6 weeks now, too bloody late for me to change my mind!!!!
here's some smiles, I think we need them!!!
Old Aug 21st 2002, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Kerikeri, Bay of Islands, NZ (was Broadstairs, Kent, UK)
Pippa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Depressing

Jasmin

Hear, hear. Well said.

Its not like we have all gone into this blindly, were not stupid.

A lot of sole searching has gone in to everyones decisions to go where ever.

No one expects a move to where ever in the world to be easy. Youve got to keep an open mind about everything dont go with too many pink and rosey expectations.

If the country there in is so bad why are they there. If your an immigrant then you have the option to go back home where you came from no questions asked.

Doesnt everyone say that what ever you do dont bad mouth the country you immigrate to, if you dont like it just put it down to one of life experiences and go home.

Im definately still looking forward to going to NZ later this year, if it works then great if it doesnt as they say "its better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all"

Good luck to everyone.

Pippa xx
Old Aug 21st 2002, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

Here,here, Jasmin.
I totally agree.
Read afew threads the other night on 'expat chat' and was on a right downer.
I too live in a very nice area, kids love their schools, great pals,close family (well some of them).
But: Weather crap, house too small (3 bed detached Wimpey). 6 of us in the house.
Can't afford to extend or move. Also huge heating bills, council tax £170 per month. Petrol etc.
I just want to go to a beautiful country, plenty of room ie. a room each hopefully, a pool (what bliss), plenty to do for the kids.
Nice and relaxed way of life.
Just sent medicals off, so Perth in January I hope. That depends on how quick AHC send my visas through!
Shona x
Old Aug 21st 2002, 3:04 pm
ndaltonb

Hi Jasmin,

Maybe because it's winter down under and making people down there maudlin for the UK? Personally, I'm sitting here in the UK sun, feet up and a tinnie (VB) and generally kicking back and waiting.

Baldbutts is off waxing again, anon e mouse is looking for chiz in sydney and tipper is hassling AHC. Ah what a wonderful life.

Maybe, people want to explain why they are returning after having tried it. My view is if I don't try, I'll never know. Also, If I listened to other people in anything in my life, I'd probably stand in a corner and not do a damn thing.

I've tried UK for 16 years and it hasn't been the promised land of milk and honey, but neither has it been a pit of snakes, but I'm real glad I tried it and I'm leaving with no regrets. In fact there isn't anything pushing me out of UK, more a lack of anything to keep me here.

Time for another adventure. Can't wait.

Keep the the pioneering spirits up (mines a double whiskey). Stick to your guns and damn the rest of them. Yee haaa

Nigel db

Old Aug 21st 2002, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Depressing

Dear Shona

Keep in touch- email [email protected] as there's a gang of us goin around the same time to Perth- roll on champagne on Hillarys beach- Baldbutts (Mark, Jan and Robert) know what i am on about.

Cheers for a bit of positivity!
Old Aug 21st 2002, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point

Bleeding Nora.. my hubby paid (or should I say I paid) £3.25 for a freaking tin of VB... RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPOFFFFFFFFFFFFFF hahahahaha nae to worry he is in Melb waiting for me with the tinnys on ice... should I tell him now or later that I STILL HATE BEER!

Yvonne

24 days til we leave, 26 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by ndaltonb:
Personally, I'm sitting here in the UK sun, feet up and a tinnie (VB) and generally kicking back and waiting.

Nigel db
Old Aug 21st 2002, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi guys

Have been away for a few days and have come back to a very different forum to when I left...Jasmin, you're right, where have all these negative nellies come from?????

I know about pommie bastard as he's been really lifting peoples day on Expat chat (NOT! ) but there are a lot of very dissatisfied people here....not to worry, we can compensate for them when we get there eh?

Chin up people, the postman is due tomorrow...it could be YOU!! :PARTY:

love sophia xx
Old Aug 21st 2002, 8:24 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sophia:
Hi guys

Have been away for a few days and have come back to a very different forum to when I left...Jasmin, you're right, where have all these negative nellies come from?????

I know about pommie bastard as he's been really lifting peoples day on Expat chat (NOT! ) but there are a lot of very dissatisfied people here....not to worry, we can compensate for them when we get there eh?

Chin up people, the postman is due tomorrow...it could be YOU!! :PARTY:

love sophia xx
i totally agree with you all...
.and Im off to perth too so count me in on the barbie.....you lot...

.mind you ...you will all be settled in and talking with an ozzie accent by next summer when i get there!!!
Old Aug 21st 2002, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

tin of VB - what is this?
vodka blaster?
Vino Blackoot?
Very Blotto?
Venerial Blotchiness?
Verygood Blowjob??????
Lotsa love fae me again,
Shona xxx
Old Aug 21st 2002, 9:01 pm
ndaltonb

Sorry Shon,
VB = Victoria Bitter. I'm getting into training as I might have to prove I can down a can in ten seconds to pass my final exam to get into Melbourne. At least that's what I tell Sally

Am however geting VBlotto on the VB.

Yvonne, We really are going to have to change the anti view. What else can you drink at a barbie that puts the flames out and gives a great taste to what's cooking :lecture: (answers on a postcard....)

Nigel

Old Aug 21st 2002, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry Shon,
VB = Victoria Bitter. I'm getting into training as I might have to prove I can down a can in ten seconds to pass my final exam to get into Melbourne. At least that's what I tell Sally

Yvonne, We really are going to have to change the anti view. What else can you drink at a barbie that puts the flames out and gives a great taste to what's cooking :lecture: (answers on a postcard....)

Nigel
Well V&C's what I drink - frequently!!
What about WIB's?
Shona x
Old Aug 21st 2002, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point

Chardonay?

Sorry no poscard from me... I am skint... can only afford to spend my nails on the keyboard

Yvonne

24 days til we leave, 26 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Sorry Shon,

Nigel