Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dependant children

dependant children

Old Apr 21st 2005, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

hizzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dependant children

As i type this im sure this is a stupid question but what are classed as dependant children?ive got 2 kids but they live with their mother and i have no maintenance order against me.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:11 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: dependant children

Hi Hizzy

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I think DIMIA mean that the child has to be emotionally and financially dependent on you. ie living at home and not earning their own wage. I think generally the easiest way to prove this is children who have never left full time education.
Hope this helps
Carole

Originally Posted by hizzy
As i type this im sure this is a stupid question but what are classed as dependant children?ive got 2 kids but they live with their mother and i have no maintenance order against me.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hi Hizzy

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I think DIMIA mean that the child has to be emotionally and financially dependent on you. ie living at home and not earning their own wage. I think generally the easiest way to prove this is children who have never left full time education.
Hope this helps
Carole
they are 14 and 12 but i havent seen them in 5years,so i put them in the other children not living with me section!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:32 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Hizzy
I'm sure thats ok, if your not taking them with you, I don't think there is another section to put them in anyway.
Good luck with your application
Carole

they are 14 and 12 but i havent seen them in 5years,so i put them in the other children not living with me section!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If they are natural children aged less than 18 they are automatically dependent and DIMIA will expect that they do medicals unless you can persuade them it's 'unreasonable'.

Professional advice will be very useful.

Jeremy
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
If they are natural children aged less than 18 they are automatically dependent and DIMIA will expect that they do medicals unless you can persuade them it's 'unreasonable'.

Professional advice will be very useful.

Jeremy
I must admit i didnt think going for my visa would involve people and family not going and never going,having to be included in my application but the more i try to honestly fill in the form the more i realise i probably need an agent.