Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dentists and FBT

Dentists and FBT

Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:11 am
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of
Default Dentists and FBT

Just two quick questions for anyone to answer,

1. Can anybody recommend a good Dentist in the Manly West area for my 9 year old son.

2. Has anybody had any experience in claiming the Family Benefit Tax as a new migrant.

Cheers

Paul & Nicky
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Default Re: Dentists and FBT

Originally Posted by anewlife

1. Can anybody recommend a good Dentist in the Manly West area for my 9 year old son.

2. Has anybody had any experience in claiming the Family Benefit Tax as a new migrant.

Cheers

Paul & Nicky
Hi,

Not sure about the dentist. We're in the Manly area but haven't been yet!

We get family tax benefit. We just had to go to Centrelink and fill out the forms they gave us. They pay it directly into my account each month, although I understand you can request to have your employer add it back into your salary instead. What do you need to know?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:24 am
Loving the Sunshine

anewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud ofanewlife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sid_s
Hi,

Not sure about the dentist. We're in the Manly area but haven't been yet!

We get family tax benefit. We just had to go to Centrelink and fill out the forms they gave us. They pay it directly into my account each month, although I understand you can request to have your employer add it back into your salary instead. What do you need to know?
Which CentreLink office did you use?, we tried the office in Capalaba and then said we weren't entitled to it!

Paul
Old Nov 21st 2006, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice

Which CentreLink office did you use?, we tried the office in Capalaba and then said we weren't entitled to it!

Paul
Try this...
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...g_payments.htm

you can find information in there about FTB A&B and what the eligibility criteria are. Did they tell you why you are not entitled?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 7:45 am
Account Closed

The OH is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers

Paul & Nicky
We applied for FBT recently and because we are on a 457 visa we are not entitled.

HTH

The OH
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:39 am
Loving the Sunshine

Originally Posted by sid_s
Try this...
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...g_payments.htm

you can find information in there about FTB A&B and what the eligibility criteria are. Did they tell you why you are not entitled?
something about being recently resident, however, followed the web links and we have now applied online.

thanks alot,

Paul