Reload this Page >

Dentists in Brisbane

Dentists in Brisbane

Old May 4th 2008, 7:16 am
Just Joined

tinpot is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Dentists in Brisbane

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the Dentists are like in Brisbane? We are moving to Brisbane in July/August, and I am thinking of changing some of my crowns, should I get the work done here, or wait till I move?
Old May 4th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dentists in Brisbane

Originally Posted by tinpot
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the Dentists are like in Brisbane? We are moving to Brisbane in July/August, and I am thinking of changing some of my crowns, should I get the work done here, or wait till I move?
I'm sure there is a variety of dentists both good and bad. I have found an excellent one although he isn't cheap. Over the past 8 years he has replaced most of my amalgam fillings and a crown and I have been very happy with technology and therefore lack of pain involved! I know of another one that most of my friends use and they are all happy too.

As far as the crown goes - depends on what service & costs are involved with your current dentist in UK. Mine charges around $1000 per crown - there is no Medicare cover for it and private healthcare doesn't contribute much to crowns (how much depends on your private helathcare company). There is usually a waiting period for making a claim once you have taken out the private health insurance too, so you need to look into that.
Old May 4th 2008, 7:45 am
Just Joined

tinpot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dentists in Brisbane

Originally Posted by gillysm
I'm sure there is a variety of dentists both good and bad. I have found an excellent one although he isn't cheap. Over the past 8 years he has replaced most of my amalgam fillings and a crown and I have been very happy with technology and therefore lack of pain involved! I know of another one that most of my friends use and they are all happy too.

As far as the crown goes - depends on what service & costs are involved with your current dentist in UK. Mine charges around $1000 per crown - there is no Medicare cover for it and private healthcare doesn't contribute much to crowns (how much depends on your private helathcare company). There is usually a waiting period for making a claim once you have taken out the private health insurance too, so you need to look into that.
Hi,
thanks for that. My dentist here wants to charge £495 per crown so sound about the same.

Thanks