DENTISTS

Old Jan 19th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: DENTISTS

Originally Posted by deb68
Fly back to blighty, sounds the cheapest option
Those prices are ridiculous, how do they justify those costs?
They don't have to pain is a wonderful lubricant for a tight wallet or purse.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

Okey kokey, defib ready, off to work for a few hrs then said son will be at the dentists for 11.30

can't say you guys have instilled any hope in me what so ever thanks for that, now i know why i joined expats

but on a more positive note, the dentist we are going to was recommended by a friend who has been over here for many years and has tried many dentists and this nice man only charged $120 for a filling and $150 for an extraction so after reading the last page me thinks this might be a steal, (not sure what car said dentist is driving will try and find out)

thanks for your input appreciated will let you know how we get on later:wab:
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

mrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nice

Children up to Year 10 are covered by the school dental services.

School Dental Program - School children aged from 4 years up to those in grade 10 receive free general dental care provided by mobile dental clinics at the school they attend.

Try these guys

Community Oral Health Program
Telephone: 1300 650 002 (Call Centre)
Children's Oral Health Service
Level 5
Coles Building
Royal Children's Hospital
HERSTON QLD AUSTRALIA 4029

Telephone: (07) 3636 1025
Facsimile: (07) 3636 1028
School Dental Program
71 Butterfield Street
HERSTON QLD AUSTRALIA 4029

Telephone: (07) 3252 3684
Facsimile: (07) 3854 1530
Email: [email protected]
(with the subject "Oral Health Services")
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

mrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nicemrsridge is just really nice

or this website:

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/oralhea...ces/school.asp
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by deb68
Fly back to blighty, sounds the cheapest option
Those prices are ridiculous, how do they justify those costs?
The wages for dentists, being the highest paid occupation Australia.

If the NHS is not available, how expensive are dental charges in the UK now ?
Anything like this ?
http://www.seered.co.uk/dental_charges.htm
Lyndhurst Surgery in Honiton (a town near to my home in Devon) for some minor treatment. They charged me £92 for two tiny fillings that took 23 minutes start to finish.

Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

well back home minus a tooth and $150 so no where near as much as i had worried about and he doesn't have to go back for 6-9 months,

and i should be able to claim some back because the have a special thing to do with teenagers where they get over $200 free dental work so heres hoping,

It is getting just as bad in the uk i paid $150 just for an intensive clean here i have been quoted $75,because its seen as cosmetic and trying to find a NHS dentist is like finding gold dust on the moon!!!!!

thanks for all the replies but it seems i have found a dentist who doesn't drive a ferarri hehe
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pink13
and i should be able to claim some back because the have a special thing to do with teenagers where they get over $200 free dental work so heres hoping,
Details of the scheme here http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/...een-dental.jsp.

Unfortunately, many families will miss out due to the requirement that you receive FTB Part A or some other Centrelink payment, rather like the Education Tax Rebate currently being advertised ( in our case).
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:29 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by HelenTD
Unfortunately, many families will miss out due to the requirement that you receive FTB Part A
FTB Part A cuts out at between about $100,000 and $160,000 per year income (depending on number of children).

Only those earning "under" that income are eligible.

Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
FTB Part A cuts out at between about $100,000 and $160,000 per year income (depending on number of children).

Only those earning "under" that income are eligible.
Yes, you're rich if you are a family with kids and live in Australia on an income somewhere on that scale. Not helped when his private medical cover cost and FBT is added to his salary, making it look a lot higher than it is actually is. It is possible for self-employed individuals to reduce their apparent income and fit within the limits, so that they get all the benefits. In fact I know of some high earning "professionals" who live in flash suburbs who do this. Meanwhile we can't get any benefits, even though we have children with special needs and very high out-of-pocket medical fees, let alone education ones. A very big black mark to Australia for how it works this out. It really causes us a whole lot of hardship.

Last edited by HelenTD; Jan 20th 2011 at 10:40 am. Reason: and yes, at least one child will need braces!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
The wages for dentists, being the highest paid occupation Australia.

If the NHS is not available, how expensive are dental charges in the UK now ?
Anything like this ?
NHS prices:
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNH...reatments.aspx

Private to NHS comparison:
http://www.whatprice.co.uk/dentist/n...te-prices.html
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:57 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you're rich if you are a family with kids and live in Australia on an income somewhere on that scale. Not helped when his private medical cover cost and FBT is added to his salary, making it look a lot higher than it is actually is. It is possible for self-employed individuals to reduce their apparent income and fit within the limits, so that they get all the benefits. In fact I know of some high earning "professionals" who live in flash suburbs who do this. Meanwhile we can't get any benefits, even though we have children with special needs and very high out-of-pocket medical fees, let alone education ones. A very big black mark to Australia for how it works this out. It really causes us a whole lot of hardship.
Have you looked into carers allowence? He will get a HCC, which is only really good for prescriptions but better than nothing
Old Jan 21st 2011, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hevs
Have you looked into carers allowence? He will get a HCC, which is only really good for prescriptions but better than nothing
Hi hevs, after the other thread, I made a couple of calls and was told about this. I tried ringing Centrelink yesterday and today, many times, was they were constantly engaged, probably due to floods. Might have to drop into an office on Monday to pick up the forms.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

backdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nicebackdoor is just really nice

It depends which state you are in and your financial status. I work at a community health centre in Victoria. All "School Dental" patients with a health care card are seen for $29 per episode of care. If we cannot provide an "emergency" appointment in the alloted timeframe we provide a "voucher" for a private clinic. You might want to check with your local community health clinic.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by backdoor
It depends which state you are in and your financial status. I work at a community health centre in Victoria. All "School Dental" patients with a health care card are seen for $29 per episode of care. If we cannot provide an "emergency" appointment in the alloted timeframe we provide a "voucher" for a private clinic. You might want to check with your local community health clinic.
I thought this was for emergency appointments only and with a blue concession card, not a HCC?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:30 am
High in the Dandenongs

Hi hevs, after the other thread, I made a couple of calls and was told about this. I tried ringing Centrelink yesterday and today, many times, was they were constantly engaged, probably due to floods. Might have to drop into an office on Monday to pick up the forms.
DO NOT get me started. Have been phoning FAO re immunisations and center link re youth allowence for a week....CONSTANTLY engaged!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.