dentist !!!!!!

Old Dec 14th 2006, 6:51 am
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default dentist !!!!!!

i have just got back from the dentist in north lakes with my daughter and it cost me $150 for 3 xrays and basic check up i nearly drop though the floor then they say she needs filling that $110 and she will need braces which will cost us round about $5000 anyone no of any other dentist which are good but dont cost that much or is this the normal cost.

anyone no of good health insurance which cover dentist and braces :scared:

cheers

Lisa
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dentist !!!!!!

Originally Posted by frogboy
i have just got back from the dentist in north lakes with my daughter and it cost me $150 for 3 xrays and basic check up i nearly drop though the floor then they say she needs filling that $110 and she will need braces which will cost us round about $5000 anyone no of any other dentist which are good but dont cost that much or is this the normal cost.

cheers

Lisa

Check the limits what each plan pays, most cap the amount they will pay for orthodontics, also read the fine print on 'waiting periods' and 'pre exisitng conditoins'.

I see Rudd has announced he may put free basic dental care on the election menu, bit annoying for working families tho, it will be severly means tested so those working will probably get a increased medicare tax levy, but not qualify due to income testing.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:11 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frogboy

cheers

Lisa
Unfortunatley no it doesn't get any better. We looked into private health and it will only cover upto a certain amount depending on how long you have been here. Orthodondist are not normally covered, but would pay us back $500 of the total bill. Not worth it as the yearly payment was $600.
Don't know how Aussies manage to pay these horendous bills, maybe they all have bad teeth ..but somehow they get through it.
I havn't been to dentist yet here but my 3 kids all need braces costing us $15thousand...it would be cheaper for us to go back to UK and get it done there for FREE...then come back
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:51 am
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont know if this will help much as the cost will still be the same for you, but did your dentist explain that the orthodontic work takes around 18 months to complete?? most dentists dont expect you to pay the full amount for ortho in one hit, you can spread it out over the time it takes for the treatment to be complete. oh, and the filling is probably about average, can cost alot more in the uk, for private work.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

Hi Lisa
our daughter turned 14 in September, her orthodentic work started in July, we are using Peter McMahon in Albany Creek, he's charging $4,500, we pay $180 a month for basically a 10 minute appointment for tightening and maybe changing the colours! Keep all your receipts as you can claim part of the payments back in your tax.
Rach x
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

I just keep telling myself that at least petrol is cheaper (if not lettuce )
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Cairns, you pay $1000 down payment and then $120 per month for orthodontics...works out the same but far more affordable in installments.