Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dental Technician

Dental Technician

Old Jan 28th 2015, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Dentician is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dental Technician

hi folks, just wondering about what the future holds in Aussie for mature dental technician?
Old Jan 28th 2015, 10:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dental Technician

Originally Posted by Dentician
hi folks, just wondering about what the future holds in Aussie for mature dental technician?
Well, considering most of us have teeth here I would think it's ok. Do you have a visa to live and work in Australia?
Old Jan 28th 2015, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Thx for reply, I am still in UK and looking forward to gather some info before taking a big step forward to relocate in Aussie. well I have loads of questions like schools, jobs, movers, rents, overheads. just hoping to get some answers before I take a bug plunge. Thanks to forum as well, I gather lot of info from different threads as well.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 11:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thx for reply, I am still in UK and looking forward to gather some info before taking a big step forward to relocate in Aussie. well I have loads of questions like schools, jobs, movers, rents, overheads. just hoping to get some answers before I take a bug plunge. Thanks to forum as well, I gather lot of info from different threads as well.
But like I asked...Do you have a visa that allows you to live and work in Australia? The rest like schools, jobs, movers, etc is moot unless you can get a visa to move here in the first place.

Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection is where you should be starting. Not with the schools, etc.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 11:34 am
Just Joined

I was under the impression that British citizens do not need visa to come to Aussie unless they want to work or settle down there. correct me please?
Old Jan 28th 2015, 11:36 am
Still alive

I was under the impression that British citizens do not need visa to come to Aussie unless they want to work or settle down there. correct me please?
Everyone with the exception of Australian citizens needs a visa to enter Australia.

And you said you were looking to work and settle down
Old Jan 28th 2015, 11:40 am
Just Joined

oh I got you now, I am planning to apply in Skilled independent class visa, same time I am also looking for jobs in Melbourne to work as a dental technician.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 6:07 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

oh I got you now, I am planning to apply in Skilled independent class visa, same time I am also looking for jobs in Melbourne to work as a dental technician.
If this is your plan, you need to see if you qualify for a skilled visa and pass the skills assessment for your occupation.

I did a quick check of the CSOL and it seems your occupation is on the SOL. Dental Technicians are assessed by TRA so you need to check their requirements.

You also need to see if you can pass the points test and other criteria set down by DIBP. Follow the link posted earlier.
Old Feb 8th 2015, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

wortho is an unknown quantity at this point

My Wife is a dental tech in Sydney and has been since she emigrated in 91. She reckons the industry has changed quite a bit and the local labs are struggling to compete with cheaper overseas Asian labs. There are a lot of Korean workers at her place and they only stick around until they get their visa it seems. Also seems to be an increasing number of Dentist using CAD/CAM technology these days and making their own crowns and bridges.
My Wife is going to be taking an early retirement this year, then again after 20+ years at the same place its no wonder!
Old Feb 11th 2015, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

OzzyDreamer86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

It might be worth noting that dental technician is a flagged occupation which means it was boarder line getting on the occupation list and is regularly reviewed in view of being removed. As the previous poster mentioned there have been many changes and its future is uncertain due to the when the lists are reset each year. The new list will be reset on 1st of july and all flagged occupations are being advised to start the process asap just incase. Might be worth getting the ball rolling so to speak. Good luck

http://www.awpa.gov.au/our-work/labo...ccupations.asp