Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DENTAL TECHNICIAN

DENTAL TECHNICIAN

Old Sep 16th 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DENTAL TECHNICIAN

If any dental techs out there please can i imformation on oz employment.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DENTAL TECHNICIAN

Originally Posted by eugene43
I would think that if you weren't able to find any in this thread that there are no dental technicians out there.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I would think that if you weren't able to find any in this thread that there are no dental technicians out there.
I feel like Robinso cruiso all alone on a big island no one to talk to. I think I will build a big fire may help.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:00 am
ABCDiamond

Why would any Dentists, in Australia, spend any time on here, or anywhere else for that matter, when they can be charging $300 for 15 minutes work, in their surgery ?

Of course they could come here and help other dentists to arrive, therefore reducing the demand for their services, due to more competition, and therefore reducing their own income, as they would then have to charge less to keep the customers.

Sorry about that...

Ask a "specific" question, someone may know an answer..

Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Why would any Dentists, in Australia, spend any time on here, or anywhere else for that matter, when they can be charging $300 for 15 minutes work, in their surgery ?

Of course they could come here and help other dentists to arrive, therefore reducing the demand for their services, due to more competition, and therefore reducing their own income, as they would then have to charge less to keep the customers.

Sorry about that...

Ask a "specific" question, someone may know an answer..
Hi I am one of the good guys (Technician) Not the villian (Dentist)
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:41 am
ABCDiamond

You are talking to a normal customer here, one of those who just lies down after the injection, while they do an extraction from the wallet !!

What is the difference between a technician and a dentist ?

Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

You are talking to a normal customer here, one of those who just lies down after the injection, while they do an extraction from the wallet !!

What is the difference between a technician and a dentist ?
Technician makes crowns, Dentures ,Orthdoontic applients,ECT & charges the dentist for it then the dentist charges you 5x what he has paid if not more. this = Villian
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Gronya is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Eugene

My husband is a dental prosthetist in Australia. He was a technician in England and then came over here and studied to be a Prosthetist. Just PM any information you are inquiring about and I will have a chat with him and try and help and come back to you

cheers gee
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:16 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.What is it you want to know?I have two friend's who are Dentist's and there is a Tech that I met once.They all live in the Eastern State's.so not sure if this is any good for you if your after info for Perth.Would this be any help to you ?
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:20 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gronya
Hi Eugene

My husband is a dental prosthetist in Australia. He was a technician in England and then came over here and studied to be a Prosthetist. Just PM any information you are inquiring about and I will have a chat with him and try and help and come back to you

cheers gee
Look's like your fixed up Eugene.All those dead ends, then 2 replies in a couple of minutes.
Have a goodun
Uke.

Last edited by ukecadet; Sep 17th 2008 at 7:22 am.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:28 am
ABCDiamond

Technician makes crowns, Dentures ,Orthdoontic applients,ECT & charges the dentist for it then the dentist charges you 5x what he has paid if not more. this = Villian
Can we cut out the middle man ?

Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Can we cut out the middle man ?
Yes but make sure he is quaified & he or she can only make you appliances & cannot remove teeth. The need for a technician to be able to see the public is that he is trained to be able to find problems with the inside of your mouth before anything is made in some cases save you life ( oral cancer) I myself is not trained to do this so I work to the dentist only.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes but make sure he is quaified & he or she can only make you appliances & cannot remove teeth. The need for a technician to be able to see the public is that he is trained to be able to find problems with the inside of your mouth before anything is made in some cases save you life ( oral cancer) I myself is not trained to do this so I work to the dentist only.
i am still needing a work position
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

i am still needing a work position
www.seek.com.au or www.careerone.com.au A Google search for dental technician jobs in Australia came up with this.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
www.seek.com.au or www.careerone.com.au A Google search for dental technician jobs in Australia came up with this.
Thank you for this but it is not a popular trade because most people think the dentist does all the work truefully be does about 15% of it.It is on the modl list because round the world compared to most trades there are not many of us doing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.