Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Demerit points QLD driving licence from British Licence

Demerit points QLD driving licence from British Licence

Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:01 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Demerit points QLD driving licence from British Licence

Qld Transport doesn't half puzzle me.
Hubby decides to get his Qld licence, and do the nice Aussie , legal thing for once ( been driving on a Brit licence for years here) - if I had to go all legal he has to! I don't see why he should have all the fun of being illegal.

Anyway, he at last slinks off to get his Qld licence after he got "done" for not having one..lol.. well I thought it was funny, and I said to him "I told you so you'd be caught one day" in a tut tut voice after he was done. Ahh I think I'd laugh if my granny fell down the stairs.. not literally, just a saying ( fined $300 - it went to court, and Mrs very nice Judge was lenient with him.. he could have had a few thousand fine, and or Jail ,looking at the QLD Transport site)

Anyway he gets some demerit points to go on his new QLD licence.. one was from 2002 3 points for not wearing a seatbelt,and the other a very recent speeding offence. But no other points for the other speeding offences he has had over years like 2003 etc .

My QLD licence is clean as well ( I've had mine for a year I think now) , but his licence is puzzling me because of the 2002 points

I don't understand why they have put 3 points on his new licence from 2002 and not any of the other ones

Not that I am complaining, but QLD transport seems to be in an odd tangled mess.

This is a plus for Australia , I'd better add that one to my little plus list..
Cheers to the nice transport office - I like them