British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Delivery times for furniture? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/delivery-times-furniture-248496/)

philj6969 Aug 13th 2004 8:50 am

Delivery times for furniture?

Hi All,

We hope to be over in the Brisbane area very soon and have decided to leave our beds and major items of furniture behind (they are mostly past it).

We already have a house to go to, but I am needing to know how long it takes to get furniture ( and fridge/freezer, tv etc) from the moment you buy it in the shop till it arrives at your door.

Here in the UK its usual to have to wait 6 weeks or more.

If anyone has any links to good furniture websites that would be great too.

I hope its a week or less or we will have to stay in a hotel for a bit while we wait!

Phil.

philj6969 Aug 13th 2004 6:59 pm

Re: Delivery times for furniture?

Back to the top!

Originally Posted by philj6969
Hi All,

We hope to be over in the Brisbane area very soon and have decided to leave our beds and major items of furniture behind (they are mostly past it).

We already have a house to go to, but I am needing to know how long it takes to get furniture ( and fridge/freezer, tv etc) from the moment you buy it in the shop till it arrives at your door.

Here in the UK its usual to have to wait 6 weeks or more.

If anyone has any links to good furniture websites that would be great too.

I hope its a week or less or we will have to stay in a hotel for a bit while we wait!

Phil.

vickeyvixen Aug 14th 2004 12:16 am

Hi Phil

We have been very surprised by the delivery times. We ordered a fridge/feezer, TV and some small items from the Good Guys and had the option of having them deliverd the next day. We also ordered beds from Captain Snooze and had them 2 days later. Things seem really quick here. I have just phoned through to hire a washing machine and tumble dryer and that will be here today. The only slight hold up we've experienced is with the ADSL that takes between 7 and 10 days.

Hope that helps

Vickeyvixen

Bordy Aug 14th 2004 12:22 am

Originally Posted by vickeyvixen
Hi Phil

We have been very surprised by the delivery times. We ordered a fridge/feezer, TV and some small items from the Good Guys and had the option of having them deliverd the next day. We also ordered beds from Captain Snooze and had them 2 days later. Things seem really quick here. I have just phoned through to hire a washing machine and tumble dryer and that will be here today. The only slight hold up we've experienced is with the ADSL that takes between 7 and 10 days.

Hope that helps

Vickeyvixen

Good to hear your settling in Vickey, now could you order some sunshine & see if it arrives as quick as your washing machine. :D