Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

delivery drivers

delivery drivers

Old Sep 10th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default delivery drivers

Hi all,

Can anyone help?? I am a nurse and OH is a delivery driver driving 7.5 tonne trucks over here. Would like to know if anyone could tell me about job availability in QLD (for him) and also how much drivers earn in Oz. Searched the job thread but to no avail!
Thanks in advance!!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 3:32 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: delivery drivers

Originally Posted by mooncat
Hi all,

Can anyone help?? I am a nurse and OH is a delivery driver driving 7.5 tonne trucks over here. Would like to know if anyone could tell me about job availability in QLD (for him) and also how much drivers earn in Oz. Searched the job thread but to no avail!
Thanks in advance!!
Most delivery drivers are now contracted to different companies. Send me a PM to remind me when I get home and I'll give you a few company names to investigate.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 8:19 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!!
Decided to put this on the thread to help any others that are in a similar situation. A comprehensive list of transport companies can be found in a publication called Who Goes Where-costs about $47 and available over the internet. It has nationwide coverage of transport companies and who delivers where.
As I said before some are owner/drivers contracted to firms(esp couriers) and some are employed directly by the company. You would need to probably have to become a member of the Transport Workers Union(TWU) to work in the industry even if you are an owner/driver. It also depends on whether your OH wants to do local or interstate deliveries.

A few sites and others to check out for vacancies etc or get the book and send letters to them requesting .
www.atttransport.com.au
www.allpurpose.com.au
www.borderexpress.com.au
www.couriersplease.com.au
www.followmont.com.au
K&S Frieghters-Rocklea
FirstExpress Couriers-Salisbury
Excel Aust P/L- Brisbane Airport
Lynx Couriers
McDonalds Transport

If unsure, I would seriously consider spending the $47 and have the comprehensive list of potential employers.

These are just some of the ones that come into where I work.

Also try this site:http://jobsearch.gov.au/jobseeker/SelectOccupation.aspx
Click on "Drivers and Transport" then select the region in which you are going to.

Hope this has helped
911 transport related jobs in Qld.(as of today)
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

WOW that's amazing. Thanks so much, that's so helpful.

Cheers mate! from the OH (man of few words!!!)
Thanks again.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 10:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

WOW that's amazing. Thanks so much, that's so helpful.

Cheers mate! from the OH (man of few words!!!)
Thanks again.

My OH - The Bloke - is also usually a man of few words....that must be his longest post ever!
Glad its helpful