British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Delayed reaction (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/delayed-reaction-335648/)

Anne4Terry Nov 5th 2005 9:01 am

Delayed reaction

The postman has just brought our passports with our visas in. I am now sitting here in floods of tears, whooping, jumping up and down, sobbing, the lot. This is has been a long time coming. I was just so shocked and spaced out when we got our "Got It" email. Now it is real, we can go :D I think until we had those visas in our passports I hadn't let myself believe it could be true and still kept waiting for something to go wrong.

I'm just so HAPPY, I can't stop crying and no-one else is in to share it with.

:beer: :D

DebraH Nov 5th 2005 9:04 am

Re: Delayed reaction

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
The postman has just brought our passports with our visas in. I am now sitting here in floods of tears, whooping, jumping up and down, sobbing, the lot. This is has been a long time coming. I was just so shocked and spaced out when we got our "Got it" email. Now it is real, we can go :D I think until we had those visas in our passports I hadn;t let myself believe it could be true and still kept waiting for something to go wrong.

well done, when I've finished my cup of tea I will jump and down for yoiu

<")))>< Nov 5th 2005 9:04 am

The postman has just brought our passports with our visas in. I am now sitting here in floods of tears, whooping, jumping up and down, sobbing, the lot. This is has been a long time coming. I was just so shocked and spaced out when we got our "Got it" email. Now it is real, we can go :D I think until we had those visas in our passports I hadn;t let myself believe it could be true and still kept waiting for something to go wrong.

Nice feeling isn't it?? So chuffed for you

Hang in there, all you still waiting

wsbtroyno21 Nov 5th 2005 9:05 am

CONGRATULATIONS....I know how you feel.......enjoy the moment cos now the hard work really begins !!!

Wendy

Anne4Terry Nov 5th 2005 9:05 am

Originally Posted by <")))><
Nice feeling isn't it?? So chuffed for you

Hang in there, all you still waiting

Waiting for what? :confused: To sell the house, yes. As soon as we do, we are off.

possoms Nov 5th 2005 9:08 am

Aw Bless you Anne, I know how you feel what with only having one chance and all I thought the same, its just not real until that passport comes then it hits ya and WOOOOHOOOO you are a perm resident of Australia still cant believe it myself. Just got to get there now :D

Luke I Amyofath Nov 5th 2005 9:08 am

I can just imagine, congrats. I guess it means todays gonna be one where everyone looks at you when you go shopping in uk and upon seeing your gleeming smile theyre all thinking to themselves "wtf is she/he so bloody happy about, its bloody miserable here"

good luck

Scossie Nov 5th 2005 9:15 am

The postman has just brought our passports with our visas in. I am now sitting here in floods of tears, whooping, jumping up and down, sobbing, the lot. This is has been a long time coming. I was just so shocked and spaced out when we got our "Got It" email. Now it is real, we can go :D I think until we had those visas in our passports I hadn't let myself believe it could be true and still kept waiting for something to go wrong.

Congratulations A4T..:beer:

Looks good, doesn't it?
Particularly the bit that says, "Permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely":D

tinkerbell Nov 5th 2005 9:18 am

well done Anne,

I'll have a little jig around too!!

I'm just waiting for the postie to return ours. :D

Jonahs_mummy Nov 5th 2005 9:20 am

I am soooooooooooo chuffed for you & will give you a squeeze when I see ya!:D

Anne4Terry Nov 5th 2005 9:23 am

Thanks everybody. This really is a delayed reaction. :D
bring it on!!!!! :D YEAH, yeehaa, wayhay :D

ROBnCAZ Nov 5th 2005 9:24 am

A4T, so happy for you............

Must be a fantasmagorical feeling!!

Having a glass of red for you right now......(so what if it's before 11 on a saturday morning).......!!!!!!!!

No really, very chuffed for you!!

Jonahs_mummy Nov 5th 2005 9:25 am

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
A4T, so happy for you............

Must be a fantasmagorical feeling!!

Having a glass of red for you right now......(so what if it's before 11 on a saturday morning).......!!!!!!!!

No really, very chuffed for you!!

you lush! LOL:D :beer:

ROBnCAZ Nov 5th 2005 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
you lush! LOL:D :beer:

But....I've got a cold (it's flu actually - I'm a man)...my mum always told me that when you had a cold it was ok to.....

oh never mind.......

:D

herrchook Nov 5th 2005 9:37 am

I'm chuffed to bit for you Anne.