Degrees

Old Jun 29th 2003, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Degrees

This might seem an odd question, but I have been informed that a degree counts for extra points. I can't seem to find it on the points chart, if it does.

Is this true or not?

Scoops
Old Jun 29th 2003, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is only if it is a degree from an Australian university.
Old Jun 29th 2003, 6:12 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Degrees

Hi Scoops,
A degree from the UK, USA, NZ or Canada is recognised by the Australian authorities and allows you to be called a professional. However, you don't actually get extra points unless you have a minimum of 1 years experience (at least 20 hrs per week) and it is a 60 point profession or 2 years(not 100% sure) for any other profession. My degree is a BSc hons in Computing but is worth nothing as i have no experience in this field.
Hope this helps.
Kind Regards
Averill
Old Jun 29th 2003, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Degrees

Originally posted by ACE
Hi Scoops,
A degree from the UK, USA, NZ or Canada is recognised by the Australian authorities and allows you to be called a professional. However, you don't actually get extra points unless you have a minimum of 1 years experience (at least 20 hrs per week) and it is a 60 point profession or 2 years(not 100% sure) for any other profession. My degree is a BSc hons in Computing but is worth nothing as i have no experience in this field.
Hope this helps.
Kind Regards
Averill
Averill,

Thanks for your reply.

I have worked in my current profession for the last 5 years. Are you saying i should get extra points for the experience?

Cheers,

Scoops
Old Jun 29th 2003, 10:26 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi scoops,
Yes i'm pretty sure that's how it works i.e you can only claim the skilled professional points if you have experience in your nominated profession so you should be fine.
Why don't you try one of the many free online assesments to get an idea of what you might score. Perhaps you have already done this but if not you could try www.oevisa.co.uk or just type in 'free online immigration assesment' or something similar, and you should get quite a few back.
kind regards
Averill
Old Jul 1st 2003, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ACE
Hi scoops,
Yes i'm pretty sure that's how it works i.e you can only claim the skilled professional points if you have experience in your nominated profession so you should be fine.
Why don't you try one of the many free online assesments to get an idea of what you might score. Perhaps you have already done this but if not you could try www.oevisa.co.uk or just type in 'free online immigration assesment' or something similar, and you should get quite a few back.
kind regards
Averill
Averill,

Many thanks.

Scoops
Old Jul 1st 2003, 12:52 pm
Member who went to Aus

cutgrass is an unknown quantity at this point

The degree has to relate to your profession for it to really count. I have 2 degrees, neither are specific to my profession. The result was that they were rounded down.