Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Define Your Utopia

Define Your Utopia

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 1:34 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Define Your Utopia

Mine

We aint near a beach

BUT !!!!!!

I will post a POST i did on another forum and then you may agree

It's 6.30am ... cool crisp morning, the mist gently brushing the tops of the grass and licking the dark waters of the dam..

I walked out of the house a while ago, purposefully opening the screendoor, quietly , trying desperately to hush the squeaking wheel on the bottom of the door, so as not t awake the sleeping...

Outside 2 cockatiels are chirping merrily, one of them, Ding is pretending to be a 70's trim phone.. and succeeding (suck seeding)

I gaze across the rear lawns, to the bird feeder, a solitary cockatoo, sits their, flicking his golden crown, and nonchalantly feasting on a hearty breakfast... he sees me but indignantly continues his brekkie..

I walk slowly around the back of the house, fag in one hand , the smoke tattooing the cold morning air, a coffee in the other hand, the warm steam from it...kinda makes the aroma all that more strong .... as I walk round the corner, to see the huge web a huntsman had constructed between my vehicle and a coco palm, the night before.. its gone??? I strain my eyes, preffering to see the web before walking thru it, ... np its gone ... dammit.. an Ibis scampers and awkwardly flees the bushes beneath the palm tree, kinda hopping flying and squaking as he departs, we call him Iris, im sure hes male.. lol ....

As I turn the corner, the cockatoo, now fed, pierces the cool blue sky with his illuminous white underbelly as he squaks loudly and aims for the biggest gum tree a few hundred metres away... Cheeky our pet cockatoo hears him, and I can flinchingly hear the retorical COME BACK squak... arggh I bet he wakes everyone up..... I wander on....

A family of ducks, a few metres away, some feeding, some having a nose and some with their heads arched into their backs, carefully watch back at me, thinking im sure... shall we stay, will he eat us, oh sod it, to much effort...lets stay... I walk on past...

The cockatoo, atop the giant gumtree is beckoning his family and friends, jeeeze they are loud... Im sure his calls are set on International Rates !

A flock of Rainbow Lorakeets shrilling and singing, dart duck and dive thru and above the trees in our centre garden, everything with them is ultra fast, they weave in and out of the trees, meandeing in between the dense foliage, and chase each other with apparent disregard for the fat bloke supping coffee , smokin his mornin fag, and fly merrily on cutting their way thru the morning mist over the dam...

Almost colliding, two gallahs fly steadfastly past the lorakeets, almost hitting the hoons, gallahs just soldier on, they are heading somewhere and off they go, they totally ignore the smaller menaces, like a roadtrain they fly on... their pink bellies, and head lit from the now emerging dawn...

I sit down, and listen... somewhere a long way away i can hear a kookaburra telling the entire world he is awake, and then some... I smile, sup my coffee, and finish my fag...

....ahhhhhh

Cockatoos at Dawn

The rainbow Lorikeets

Gallahs

Morning from the Kookaburra

http://www.pebbledashers.com/soundfiles/kooka.wav

Click Left mouse to Listen, right mouse to save target as Enjoy...

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Sep 2nd 2005 at 1:36 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:00 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Define Your Utopia

Sounds perfect.......then I listened to them all!!! no it does sound wonderful, reminds us all why we want to live there. Thanks for a great post. K sent, well deserved.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future

Are you sure you posted it on another forum?? I could have sworn I saw it on this one.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

jacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond reputejacknat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybie
Are you sure you posted it on another forum?? I could have sworn I saw it on this one.
has anyone seen the carling advert, that looks pretty good