Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Defacto Visa Arrived This Morning!

Defacto Visa Arrived This Morning!

Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:01 pm
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough
Default Defacto Visa Arrived This Morning!

Hi all,

My Defacto visa arrived Special Delivery in this mornings post! We applied in early December 2003 and it arrived today, 15 January, 2004! Can't complain at the turnaround service: very fast indeed and it really does pay to make a front loaded application. So my Australian girlfriend and I are planning to fly to Australia at the end of next month to start a new life together in Melbourne! It has not sunk in yet.... So much to organise. I have just organised 5 packing boxes at www.Voovit.com for shipping my stuff over to Melbourne. I guess a better start combing the job sites for Melbourne too! And hand in notice on our flat! Feels like the start of a big adventure. Anybody going to Melbourne next month?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:05 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Defacto Visa Arrived This Morning!

Originally posted by joninoxford
Hi all,

My Defacto visa arrived Special Delivery in this mornings post! We applied in early December 2003 and it arrived today, 15 January, 2004! Can't complain at the turnaround service: very fast indeed and it really does pay to make a front loaded application. So my Australian girlfriend and I are planning to fly to Australia at the end of next month to start a new life together in Melbourne! It has not sunk in yet.... So much to organise. I have just organised 5 packing boxes at www.Voovit.com for shipping my stuff over to Melbourne. I guess a better start combing the job sites for Melbourne too! And hand in notice on our flat! Feels like the start of a big adventure. Anybody going to Melbourne next month?

Well done to you Sir! All the very best and it's always a boost to us de-facto expats in waiting to hear of success in a relatively short space of time. My application should be ready for posting at the end of February, got all the stat decs, medical, evidence etc etc. Hope it turns around as swiftly as yours!

Old Jan 15th 2004, 6:21 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!

Have fun! And keep us updated a bit when you get there

(WBB, when you read this: this I consider positive for you, cos although you applied a bit earlier, you had some mess in the middle. So even without 'mess' you still wouldn't have got it till about now!)
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:28 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Nice one. Another De facto in the club. So it looks like 4 weeks for a front end loaded application now.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:30 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

wahey! time to start organising!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Congrats, feels great doesn't it!!

Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:40 pm
WBB

Hi all,

ccongrats mate, really chuffed for you.

hopefully mine will be just behind yours.

:PARTY:

Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:16 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Well done and congratulations. Good luck with your new life.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:46 pm
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all your support everybody! If I can be of any help with other peoples de facto applications I would be happy to answer. Good luck Weshboybilly, lets hope they are on a roll and it comes soon for you too!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:13 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Call me stupid because I have hardly looked at the application but what is a "front loaded application" ?

I dont expect any trouble at all in getting visa because I am in long standing de facto plus we have a 19 month old child but would like to know about this front loading
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
Call me stupid because I have hardly looked at the application but what is a "front loaded application" ?

I dont expect any trouble at all in getting visa because I am in long standing de facto plus we have a 19 month old child but would like to know about this front loading
Front End Loaded is when you submit your police checks and medicals with your application.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:24 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Front loaded is where you stick the medicals and police check in with the application i.e you send everything off together. Quite a good idea for spouse/de facto apparently but not for visas that take time to process. Then it's better to wait until asked for medicals, police check.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:30 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Front loaded is where you stick the medicals and police check in with the application i.e you send everything off together. Quite a good idea for spouse/de facto apparently but not for visas that take time to process. Then it's better to wait until asked for medicals, police check.
thanks for that.
My thoughts wandered around that
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:33 pm
WBB

thanks for that.
My thoughts wandered around that

i think most de-facto's are front loaded, the only thing you have to lose is the extra money involved with the medical, approx £170 per person.

Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Good news Jon,

now you've been through it all you know what you need to keep for the 2nd part in 2 years. Just shove it in a shoebox until then (unless you have a filing sytem from which it is easy to remove the relevant stuff )

Best of luck with the move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.