Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

defacto visa application nearly in the post

defacto visa application nearly in the post

Old Jul 8th 2005, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

slinx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default defacto visa application nearly in the post

I've just read on a thread here, that sending off your passport with the application speeds things up a lot, as it doesn't have to be requested later.
anyone else know more about this? i've just finally got all the documents together and am about to post them off tommorrow.
Also I can't find it now but I remember reading all the supporting documents have to be certified copies apart from police checks, which must be the originals, thats how i'm sending them but is my memrory correct???

cheers
si
Old Jul 8th 2005, 10:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: defacto visa application nearly in the post

Originally Posted by slinx
I've just read on a thread here, that sending off your passport with the application speeds things up a lot, as it doesn't have to be requested later.
anyone else know more about this? i've just finally got all the documents together and am about to post them off tommorrow.
Also I can't find it now but I remember reading all the supporting documents have to be certified copies apart from police checks, which must be the originals, thats how i'm sending them but is my memrory correct???

cheers
si
It speeds it up by a few days, but I loved the fact that the application went off and the first I knew about getting the visa was receiving the passport back with the visa in it - no other contact Don't forget the pre paid self addressed special delivery envelope for them to send it back in otherwise it will be sent normal royal fail :scared:

Not everything needs certifying but if you have fine extra dotted i's and crossed t's.

Oh and don't forget the payment mandate with up to date fee - sort of daft thing I would do

Good luck and you should hear soon.